“Needs refurb”

Britannia Airport Hotel
Ranked #97 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Definitley needs refurb...carpets stained,lightshades damaged, tv very old bulky style and picture was not great..on positive side, staff were great, bathroom very clean, bedlinen clean...great to have free wifi and free parking for my one night stay.

Room Tip: ok for one nite stay...great for airport.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank tricia634

Reviewed March 7, 2014

stayed here this week very disappointed rooms very shabby, wash hand basin in bathroom blocked took ages to drain the sheet on my bed did not fit overall not what I expected the breakfast was luke warm

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2014

It definitely needs a good refurb. Our room was ok. The window sill was chipped and needed painting, the carpets did need a good clean, the tiles in the bathroom need grouting, the kettle worked for about 30 seconds and then switched itself off, in the room next door I know that the tv did not work. There are three lifts in the hotel, one was out of order and one was filthy, the previous nights takeaway and been emptied all over the floor. I get the impression that the owners are not going to spend any money doing up this hotel because they know people will stay here just because the location is very good. I can't comment on the food because we did not eat here but within a ten minute walk you are in easy reach of a number of restaurants and takeaways. There seems to be ample parking which is a bonus.
Would I come back here if this was a holiday hotel in a Spanish resort? definitely not. But we will stay here again simply because of it's location. Close to Manchester, close to the airport, close to the motorway, so if you just want a bed for the night and not too fussed about decor, then give it a go

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed here 6th December 2013 ( I know it's late to leave a review but it will become clear) entered the hotel pushing my wife in a wheel chair and two suit cases, 4 male at reception do they offer to help NO. Room terrible, evening meal Starter okay, main meal frozen veg, S&K Pie looked like dog food (No my dog has better) wife veg frozen chicken cremated complained and was told what do you what me to do about it, ask for refund was to No, NO manager on duty so left a written complaint. Followed up by letter to customer services. Web page say's could take up to 28 days. 28 days later no reply wrote to manager and said I want a full refund, you guessed NO reply, sent letter warning if not received refund in 14 days would go to small claims court for CCJ, No reply Went to CCJ court they failed to reply so I won my case by default. Still no payment so applied for a warrant of execution, and have ben awarded this too. How I would like to be a fly on the wall when the sheriffs (court bailiffs) and get my money back for me.

Don't put up with the service from this hotel. 1st write and complain ask for your money back, if every one did may be something would be done about the state of the place. 2nd DON'T give up take out a CCJ easy to do and all on line Just use HM MCOL (make a claim on line)www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt ( copy and past this in your browser and go to more then to MCOL 3rd keep on posting your success so others can do the same.

I fuming that all the emails and telephone calls to the hotel trying to get hold of the manager and he has not ONCE written emailed or called me back HOW VERY RUDE

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2014

As we live in Coventry, we find that we need to travel to Manchester if we are going long haul. For the past 5 trips we stayed at The Britannia Airport Hotel. it is very close to motorways and easy to find. Rooms are quite basic but clean & good tea/ coffee making facilities. We take a walk only 100 yds left from hotel to the Farmers Arms a lovely pub doing food all day @ very good prices. We always stay at the Britannia they have good shuttle bus service to the airport for £6pp return. If you book room in the hotel you get so many nights free parking anyway. just phone them. When we stayed before xmas we got breakfast for £5 each which was half price,m very nice much better than the airporrt rip off prices. Make sure you go for Airpoert hotel as Country house is further away from airpirt

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a few nights recently. On a positive note, my room rate was low & you get what you pay for I guess. However, the bar was cold and most people kept their coats on, the rooms were not warm either & housekeeping was poor. Service for meals was friendly but very lacking too. Ok for one night before a flight out perhaps, but only because of the cheap price.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed overnight at this hotel as we had an early flight. The room was tired with a broken lampshade, an under sheet that was too small for the bed and pillows that were flat and small, not a comfortable night. We decided to eat here which was a mistake, the food was dreadful and when telling the staff the comment that was made was 'it is an airport hotel', which left me lost for words. The only good point was our car was parked under cover and the transfers to and from the hotel worked well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple