“Worst ever”

Ranked #92 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Adelaide, Australia
“Worst ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This place was dreadful, staff uninterested, manager rude, food ordinary, room terrible had to move in the middle of the night as lights went out. Roof leaked and floors dirty and smelly. Lift didn't work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank John B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Arabic first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. To start with the transfers are not as advertised you have to pay £6 each way. The rooms are very basic, the staff are rude, and the receptionist was chewing chewing gum!!! Disgusting...

The best part was leaving...never to return.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Cmcdonald81
egypt
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions during the last few years but I am sorry to say we would not even give it a second thought in the future.We booked an overnight stay on the 13th of September with 22 nights parking while we holidayed in Turkey.On our return in the early hours of Sunday 6th October to our horror we found that the passenger window had been smashed and our sat nav plus a number of CDs had been stolen and our rear window wiper had been ripped off.When I informed the hotel reception what had happened they did say they were made aware of the incident earlier that day but to my amazement they had not informed the police.We tried a number of times to contact the police without success before leaving the hotel to start our 260 mile journey back to Scotland minus the passenger window.The hotel staff said that the hotel manager would make contact with us when he returned to work on Monday 7th but to date I am still waiting.I sent the customer services dept an email and received a reply stating that the general manager or one of his staff would reply to my complaint in writing within 28 days and to date I still await a reply.I have since sent a further email to customer services and again got the same reply as I did to the first.The repairs to my car cost me in the region of 200 pound.I thought I had paid for secure parking but it turns out the the hotels parking is not as secure as you think

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EgyptHotsun
Horwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our flight was canceled & easy jet arranged for us to stay here... I guess when you take a budget airline, you have to take what I get, but as my beautiful German hotel room goes unused tonight, I'm stuck in a place with a spluge spot on the bedspread!! The food reminds me of an old folk's home cafeteria, at least that's what the whole place reeks of... Hopefully the rest of this holiday is better; it can't get much worse!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Meaganbrittany
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Carpet so worn out could see underlay. Room smelt. Enamel coming off bath.dangerous car parking area. Not safe.,
Arrived at 11p.m. Left at 4 a.m. So no time to complain at hotel. Not AT ALL as advertised.
Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
2 Thank Triggerina R
Withernsea, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Arrived at this hotel after nearly a twenty four hour flight from Sydney, got to our room and the carpet was dirty and sticky, went to run a bath and the cold tap did not work, went to complain at reception and to their credit they did give us another room straight away but was the last thing we wanted was to move as we were tired, the replacement room looked clean on first inspection but then we found hairs in the bathroom, lots of dirty marks on the walls, the slots for the sliding windows were dirty, even the leaflet saying hotel facilities had dust and bits inside, but we did not want to move again, it was better than the first one and the bed linen was clean

Carlisle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I booked a weekend trip away with a well known coach firm but on booking the hotel was to "be confirmed". When my tickets arrived and I saw it was the Britannia Airport I googled the hotel and was alarmed to read all the bad reviews. I rang the coach tour operator and they assured me they had used the hotel many times before but to reassure me they would request a "nice room" for me and my husband.
We were allocated room 404 and if that was a "nice room" I dread to think what our original room would have been like.
The room stank of stale cigarette smoke and the smoke detector was covered with a plastic bag and there were cigarette butts all over the window sill so people had obviously been smoking in the room. The bed was full of hairs and the bedding and towels were stained. Under the dressing table there were hair clips all over the carpet. In one corner there was discarded clothing tags behind a chair and the chair upholstery was so filthy you wouldn't dare sit in the chair. In another corner there was 3 half chewed boiled sweets stuck to the carpet so it was obvious the room hadn't seen a hoover in a long time. The room was quite cold as the windows had been left open and the radiator didn't work. Overall it was a very grotty room and spoilt our weekend away. I will not be returning to this hotel and would warn people to steer clear!!!!

1 Thank ajc64
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Park View Residence
Park View Residence
#77 of 116 in Manchester

Been to Britannia Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!