“Can't wait to stay again!!!!”
Review of Didsbury House

Didsbury House
Ranked #3 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at didsbury house for my birthday in november, we were shown to our room number 10 and I was completely blown away, I've stayed in a lot of rooms in my life and this has to be in my top 3, this room was utterly beautiful with a Victorian bath tub in the bedroom and seperate shower room and seperate bathroom, it was just stunning and I didn't want to leave, the hotel as a whole is just as beautiful and so private, it feels very exclusive, the breakfast was lovely lots of choice and the staff were excellent, this hotel is one of the best I have stayed in and I look forward to staying there again soon x

• Stayed: November 2013
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Toriam30

Many thanks for your recent review, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay and that we are in your 'top 3'. We do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Didsbury House

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed one night in November 2013 - our second stay.

The hotel is built around a very large Victorian family house and has been developed really well - nice big rooms and very tasteful design.

We had a large room - Number 40 - which looked out onto the main road. I would have liked to have the window open but road noise was a challenge - when we stayed before we had a room to the rear of the hotel which was a little quieter.

The room has a shower and a bath in it - rather than in a separate bathroom...

Nice breakfast - there was a small problem with mine which was remedied without any fuss.

However, they do charge £10 a day for wifi which is utterly astonishing in this day and age! I would be happy to have something baked into my room charge but when you know that the marginal cost of providing the service is so low, £10 feels like someone is trying to take advantage of me!

1  Thank LiamFitzP
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review Didsbury House and I am pleased you enjoyed the Hotel. Wi-Fi is free in our Hotels and has been for a long time. I noted that your bill, for you recent stay none was charged. I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future and when you do don’t hesitate to ask for our free Wi-Fi code upon arrival at reception.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Booked a late availability room as a surprise for my husband. The staff were very attentive and welcoming and chatted away about the reason for our stay so it was a little disappointing to be put in as my husband described the "broom cupboard". I had envisioned a romantic stay with bubble baths and room service. However we didn't have a bath and we would have nowhere for two of us to sit for dinner. There were plenty of local restaurants on the doorstep so we went out for the night instead. The room was extremely warm and stuffy, we opened the windows for fresh air but the road noise was a bit disturbing and the food smell from the kitchen hit us about 6am. My husband hit his arm on the desk cramped next to the bed and I hit my hand in the bedside table which is annoying as the bed itself was very comfortable. It was a bit of a squeeze at nearly 8 months pregnant to get down the side of the bed past the radiator to the bathroom during the night. I know the hotel has some fabulous rooms so my expectations were high. The staff are lovely and hotel decor is stunning but the room has put me off and I wouldn't return.

Room Tip: Avoid room 42
2  Thank Chloe K

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review Didsbury House and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the décor of the Hotel and found our staff very attentive. As you say you booked a late availability classic room and room 42 was the only one within the category left available. This was also sold at a 40% discount on our Rack rate. We do have an extensive range of Eclectic and Duplex suites that have our cast Iron roll top baths and lounge areas respectively. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the comfortable bed as we use hand made double pocketed Vi Spring mattresses as we believe they are of the highest standard. I do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future and please contact me directly and I can discuss your requirements in detail.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon first night so wanted to come back. My birthday was a perfect excuse and by chance they gave us the same room! A fabulous bathroom, two baths and a rain forest shower!

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the house have the best views and the most room

Dear Christopher

Many thanks for taking your time to place a review. We are happy you enjoyed your recent stay and it was just as great as your Honeymoon. We hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Definitely worth a return. Room was well-fitted, with a really comfy bed. Surprised that wifi not included though. Bathroom really nice too, although the monsoon shower over was a bit of a challenge being well over six foot.

Breakfast offered an excellent selection, toast really good but the cooked Irish was a slight disappointment owing to quickly fried sausages that were well done in places on the outside and undercooked inside. Similar story with the potato cake which was underdone and like mash potato with a little brown colour on the outside. It was good but a little more care would have made it a really nice breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TheFSG
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Many Thanks for your recent review. We are glad you had a 'lovely stay' and we hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

We do take all feedback seriously and have mentioned to our Head Chef the small breakfast pointers you mentioned.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Attended a Wedding reception here in November this year.
Fantastic building with some great architecture and new features that really make the building feel modern but retain the original look.
70+ people descended on the venue for check in over a fairly short space of time. There were a few minor mistakes on rooms but nothing that wasn’t sorted very quickly.
The staff were excellent and extremely professional, something that many higher standard hotels can lack. Good to see!
The food during the wedding was superb and again service was excellent.
The only thing that stopped this being perfect was the slow service during Breakfast. I had a lot to get sorted on the Wedding morning and waiting around 30 mins for scrambled egg on toast. The food and coffee were excellent though.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this venue to anybody. Also great links into the city centre with the bus stopping right outside, taxis and even the tram within a 10 min walk. A large Tesco superstore and cinema also 10 min walk away and of course, the starting pub for the Didsbury dozen just over the road.
What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear StevieP

Many Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the Wedding event went well. We do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future. We do take all feedback seriously and will endeavour to improve on the minor points you mentioned.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We got married at the very beautiful Didsbury House Hotel on the 18th October and we can not speak highly enough of the venue or the Staff, in particular Libby and Andy.
Our vision for the day was a 'Wedding House Party" by the end of the day I would say that all of our guests had commented on the lovely relaxed atmosphere and beautiful décor, which is down to the fabulous staff who made us feel like the venue was our house for 24 hours. The staff were always on hand if needed, their approach was happy and appeared effortless which all added to the house party vibe. We can't believe how seamlessly the rooms were turned around and Andy ensured that the day flowed without a hitch.
Libby was always at the end of the phone or email and she keep me calm and guided us if needed. Who says planning a wedding is stressful?...it certainly won't be if you get married at Didsbury House Hotel.
A huge thank you to Libby and Andy for all your guidance and help with the planning, you ensured all the fine details were covered perfectly. We will certainly be back to stay even though we only live a stones throw away.

We have so many happy memories thanks to you guys at Didsbury House

Shelley and Adrian X

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Shelley and Adrian

Many Thanks for your review and we are so Happy you chose us for your wedding venue and we provided a magical day for you. We wish you all the best in your future together and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.