“Couldn't have expected more.”
Review of Didsbury House

Didsbury House
Ranked #3 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner spent the night at Didsbury House for valentines and we couldn't have enjoyed it more.

The first impressions of the hotel are great. It's very clean, bright and expertly decorated throughout. I love the contemporary feel the hotel has. The staff are extremely helpful, friendly and polite.

Our room was very well presented. A huge bed with soft pillows which was very comfy indeed. I slept like a log right through the night. We had a roll top bath in the room itself which I managed to fill to the top with hot water.

The bar is cosy, and a fantastic relaxing place to unwind.

To be honest, I can't find anything about this hotel which I don't like. Hopefully we will be back soon for a repeat visit. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Sunrise40

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I were married at Didsbury House Hotel on Friday 4th January 2013 and we could not have chosen a better place to spend such a special day.

Dan, Andrew and the rest of the team worked effortlessly to ensure both my Husband and I and both our familied had the most amazing day.

The food was outstanding as was the food service and the whole day ran perfectly

The bedrooms are all beautifully designed, we stayed in room 52 which was a very large and comfortable suite with all the mod cons you could need. The bathroom had the most amazing shower.....it was like your very own waterfall in the confines of a very spacious shower cubicle. There was also 2 roll top bath tubs and the bathroom itself is huge so plenty of space for a bride and 3 bridesmaids getting ready in the morning!

Overall my wedding day was everything I dreamed it would be and this would not have been possible without the outstanding service we recevied so thank you again to the whole team for making our dream wedding a reality!

We look forward to retunring year after year to celebrate out anniversary with you.

Mr & Mrs R

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie R
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have recently experienced this hotel for the first time. We were visiting my son at the nearby university. From the first moment we were very impressed by the welcome from the staff. Our room was lovely especially the bathroom and huge bath. As this was our first time we were not sure of the best places to eat and pubs to visit however the staff were extremly helpful and pointed us in the right direction. No request was to small. We will definetly be going back. Oh and breakfast was superb.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Steve R
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My office is right across the road from this hotel, so I use it a lot. It's a fantastic little quirky hotel that I highly recommend. They are always so willing to help you and try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Sometimes their food (at night) can be hit or miss, but don't miss the eggs benedict for breakfast: to die for!

If they are fully booked, then call Eleven Didsbury House (just around the corner and their sister hotel). Both are great. You can't miss having a bath in your bedroom (if you manage to get an upgrade or book in advance!). My only little critique is that they don't provide any toiletries to use in the fabulous baths. I don't know about you, but I don't walk around with a bottle of Radox when visiting a hotel. This deserves a re-think, Didsbury House!

Suitable for business or couples etc. They cater for all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank MrsLShankland
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We live in Didsbury so have obviously not stayed here before but being best man at my best friend's wedding meant that we had the pleasure.
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome.
The food was exceptional, from the canapes we were served after the ceremony through to the sandwiches that we ordered at stupid o clock after quite a few drinks. The room we stayed in was beautiful and the staff were friendly, helpful and on hand for anything.
I am now considering having my company party here as the experience was fantastic and managed perfectly by Dan the hotel manager....definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank samm l
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here many times, every time it has been fantastic, the hotel is modern, comfortable, welcoming and also very discreet for those who want to get away from it all. The lounge rooms feel very homely

Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Steve H
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Very nice stay , made a long journey and 2 days away from home feel like a treat rather than a chore, lovely meeting room , loads of room ,natural light and teas and confess ordered and there in a jiffy , very comfortable nights stay in nice room also

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business