“Spent over £100 and still wouldn't let all 5 kids have a glass of water!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Play Factore

Play Factore
Ranked #14 of 50 Fun & Games in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Play Factore is the UK's leading indoor family entertainment arena. The state of the art arena houses the largest play frame in Europe along with a host of other unique attractions that are second to none. Based in Manchester next to the Intu Trafford Centre and underneath the Chill Factore, Play Factore provides a complete day out for families shopping in the area and children eager for entertainment.
Cheadle Hulme
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Spent over £100 and still wouldn't let all 5 kids have a glass of water!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

The play bit is good BUT it's really expensive - cost over £65 for 2 adults and 5 young children just to enter. Cost £20 for one round of drinks. Cost over £35 for food - so I then asked for a jug of water to have with lunch, but was told " sorry you're only allowed 2 glasses of water". Are you serious? 2 glasses between 7 people. It wasn't like we hadn't spent any money!!
Jeez. If you go, avoid mealtimes and give your hard earned money to another more worthy eatery... Maybe the Trafford centre.
Poor poor poor.

Visited August 2014
12 Thank Amanda S

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best indoor play centre in manchester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

This place is a huge hit with my 9 and seven year old. We had my sons birthday party there and the kids had a ball. There is so much to do - laser tag, dance arena, football, go karts, zip wire, giant slides and the usual play centre stuff but on a much bigger scale. Just when I thought they were outgrowing play centres, we have found one which keeps them entertained for ages. The food is great too. At the party every child got a platter with pizza, buckets of (really good) fries, plus lots of other goodies. We've been back twice since the party and they keep asking when we can go again. It's a good rainy day option because the kids still get to have a good run around and you can sit down with a good coffee and cake or if you want something healthier the salads are gorgeous too. Admittedly it's not the cheapest of the play centres, but it is definitely the best equipped and there are often deals to be found of groupon etc. Enjoy!

3 Thank Tamtam762014
PlayFactore, Manager at Play Factore, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Tamtam762014, Everyone at Play Factore are thrilled you had such a good time when you visited and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for all your fabulous comments and feedback. Kind Regards, Play Factore.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great play area but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I'm not 1 for leaving reviews as mostly people review to complain but I feel that this is constructive...

I have 2 children 6-7 both girls who love this place it's large enough for them to go and play and meet new friends but small enough for me not to worry about where they are. The play frame is impressive in size and quality! What I do have a problem with is the price I understand that the play factore justify the cost by saying it an all inclusive entertainment centre but on the 5+ times we have been they have never used anything other than the play frame this is due to us being there on an average day and the queue for the karts get long and we all know kids get bored very quickly so they don't want queue this should be a pound ago ride on... As you have to purchase passed for the zip wire £4 each which my girls love so I don't mind but in reality it can't be justified with the entry fee

Restaurant :- again I understand these places have to make money but wow expensive with the warm weather have have had the girls were running about playing and were thirsty so I had to purchase drinks so I went and asked for a jug of juice only to be told that they don't do jugs I had to purchase 2 bottle of juice instead at 85p each then we had to buy more when they had gone so a jug would have been more cost effective for the children which then would have encouraged me to purchase food but again the cost of food is expensive ( we have eaten here and the food is good) but no kids menu available..

Positives the lads that run the zip wire are great with the kids and are big kids them selves :-) the reception staff and the restaurant could do with a happy pill... They do work in a kids place so smile!

We will return as the girls love it but it is a place for a treat and not a just let's got like most place centres

2 Thank Joseph M
Dear Carly G, Everyone at Yellow Sub are thrilled you had such a good time when you visited and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for all your fabulous comments and feedback. Kind Regards, Yellow Sub.
Warrington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Disgusting experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

At the start of the summer holidays we brought seven children to the play factore as there was an offer on living social for cheaper entrance (there was no way we would pay full for what it is a complete rip off)
Firstly when we arrived at the premises the majority of staff were young rude and unhelpful.
About an hour after arrival the children complained of being thirsty and we had brought bottles of water for each, almost immediately after opening these bottles a extremely rude 'child' herself came over and tried to take the bottles without explanation, only when we questioned her did she tell us that 'food and drink not sold on the premises where not permitted to be consumed here' she then continued to try and take them from the children to which I took them myself and placed them in my bag, she then continued to try and take them from my bag! I refused to let her and quiet frankly her attitude and manor was vulgar, she simply walked of and told us she'd 'send her manager' who safe to say never even had the courtesy to show!
We then asked for a jug of tap water from the counter to which we were told there was a 'water policy' meaning we where only allowed two glasses between the seven children! Safe to say this did not go down well and only after other mums pitched in also did they give us the glasses of water, despite the fact it was one of the hottest days of the year, I asked the man what he would do if the child fainted and he simply didn't seem bothered by the thought.
We were told not to ask for more water as we had already broken the policy.
To be honest the whole experience was disgusting and considering it is a child play barn you would of thought they would have more courtesy for children overall.
We will never return and for the price I suggest other people don't even waste there time or money on the place.

14 Thank Chloeejadee
PlayFactore, Manager at Play Factore, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear ChloeJadee,
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your Play Factore experience.

We do appreciate that the initial outlay is a premium in comparison with smaller entertainment centres, however Play Factore is the only family entertainment centre in the UK which uses an inclusive pricing strategy. Most other centres charge around £4-6 for entry with a dwell time of no longer than two hours (Play Factore 2.5 hours) with no inclusive facilities such as the Go Karts and we therefore believe our pricing to be good value.
We are not obliged to offer complimentary tap water to customers, but understand due to the nature of the Play Factore environment children will become thirsty.
As a general rule we do not offer more than 2-3 glasses of water to customers as we have a wide range of beverages on offer, including bottled still water.
Kind Regards,
Play Factore.
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Concerned about how much money they can make”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Firstly it's very expensive. . The woman at the reception asked both children directly how old they were even though I had told her their ages. My son is 4 so I wasn't sure if she was checking that he wasn't 5 as it's more expensive. Secondly there is no children's menu or things like lunch boxes or anything healthy. .. bagels, pizza, ice cream, peanut butter and jam sandwiches, nachos, chips. We ordered a bagel that came in a plastic basket with no plates. My sister ordered chunky vegetable soup but when it arrived it was smooth and brown. She was told it was mushroom as they had run out of vegetable but wasn't told this at any point. The kitchen also asked to see her soup before they would swap it for something else. Not sure why? Also, the play area is poorly designed. Mainly because once they go inside to play you can't see where they are. As it's Black, dark inside and enormous they could be anywhere and it's difficult to keep track of them. Most play centres have cctv in certain areas or is designed so that your can walk around most of the play area so you know where they are. I definitely won't be going back.

4 Thank nwilliams21
PlayFactore, Manager at Play Factore, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear nwilliams21,

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your Play Factore experience.

All children are asked their age upon entry to Play Factore as certain areas and activities at Play Factore have age limitations, e.g. Go Karts, Big Red Slide and Toddler Soft Play area. The age of the children is asked so Play Factore reception staff can advise the children and parents, which areas they are able to go in for their safety.

At Play Factore we consistently update our menu as we endeavour to have something for everyone whilst taking into consideration healthy eating, dietary requirements, allergies and religious needs. All our menu is freshly prepared and made on site.

Play Factore staff are responsible for the monitoring and usage of the equipment. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.

Kind Regards,