“Great time and have to say good value.”
Review of Play Factore

Play Factore
Ranked #14 of 53 Fun & Games in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Play Factore is the UK's leading indoor family entertainment arena. The state of the art arena houses the largest play frame in Europe along with a host of other unique attractions that are second to none. Based in Manchester next to the Intu Trafford Centre and underneath the Chill Factore, Play Factore provides a complete day out for families shopping in the area and children eager for entertainment.
Cheshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great time and have to say good value.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Went today (approx lunch time Saturday) for the first time with my 9 year old son (on his own). He had a fantastic time. Booked in at reception by 2 girls who were bubbly and very friendly. Went in and easily found a table. Equipment was great and so big. My son just went of. He had 4 goes in the laser room included in the price and then the rest of the time spent going on the main play part which seemed endless. I thought we will never make 2.5 hours but we did. He made 2 friends in that time and never sat once. It cost £18 in total for all that time and my husband had a couple of goes as well. It was clean and and the food looked fab. We shared a pizza which was made from scratch and looked like a proper pizza(clay oven). The food (which was being served around us) looked high quality esp the bagels. Drinks were normal prices so no shock there. They also have a dance area in the middle you can just wonder in and boogie if you like (the girls loved that) and then every so often a screen comes down and a couple of members of staff go in and they do the "Lets dance" thing that you copy from the screen, lots do this. The zip wire looks ace and very safe as the kids go first and get a talk before using then are harnessed and zip across. You get one go for £3.95 which is pricey but all the kids that did it looked so pleased so its up to you if you do it or not. Not doing it did not take away from my son who was given the choice. The place was busy but as it is so big did not feel busy and I really cant knock it. We left with a red faced sweaty son who loved it and had 2.5 hours of complete exercise and laughter...........£18 for the 3 of us, who can complain for the middle of Manchester. Go and have fun its a great morning or afternoon. Then have a walk round and look at chill factor. Walk upstairs, through the pub bit to the outdoor balcony and watch the skiers etc, you will last 5 mins as I hate to state the obvious but its freezing lol. We might do this another day. Hope this helps

Leeds
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Off Peak”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I went today (Friday) with my 3 year old boy. We got there at about 11:30 and had 2 1/2 hours of non-stop fun. Although he was not allowed on the "big-red-slide" everything else was open to him ... and me :-)

We had plenty of laps on the go-trikes, a dozen trips down the twisty red slide (which reminded me a bit of Jamie and his Magic Torch), had a kick about and he had a dance, frog squash and balloon pop in the "sensory room" in the under 5's section. I found this to be especially impressive.

All of the staff were very friendly and welcoming to both me and my boy. The facilities I found to be clean and the place in general seemed to be well looked after. Lockers are available for a £5 deposit which was useful for his bag and my shoes and car keys.

I paid just short of £9, and whilst this is relatively expensive its good value for money for something a bit different to do.

I would recommend off peak but would imagine the place gets MENTAL on a weekend and in the school holidays.

2 Thank Mattf810
The Lake District
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Ignore the bad reviews, great treat for the kids”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We visited Play Factore today on our way North from visiting family in Wales we have an 18 month old son who loves indoor play areas. This one did not disappoint, I was put off by the negative reviews but I think the negative ones are a bit OTT. We also agree it is expensive but when you compare it to other attractions, lego land, Alton towers, Blackpool etc it is not that expensive. I know that alot of people have moaned about the fact they charge for adults, well on something of this magnitude I expect it, if you go to theme parks , water parks etc you expect to pay for adults? I want to emphasis this place is huge and adults are more than welcome to go on everything so why wouldn't they charge? It was quiet today with it being mid week lunch time and most the adults were on it with there children. We took my son on all of it but not the large slide for obvious reasons. It is massive and quiet the workout to get up to the top, they have go karts which my son could go on with an adult and he loved it. I know people complained about staff but they were helpful and friendly, we bought some ice cream for my son and it tasted like toothpaste so we took it back and they replaced it free of charge. We also had a pizza between the 3 of us it was homemade and very nice. I would recommend the pizza as some of the pasta didn't look that appetising, one person sent theres back and they replaced it free of charge, nothing wrong with that and they dealt with it fine. I did like that the staff would tell children who were being 'boisterous' (also known as kicking the hell out of all the signage on the play area and genereally being stupid) to calm down and they do have staff walking round watching as the parents didn't seem to even care what there kids were doing. As for the extra activities you can tell why they charge extra and why some are only available during peak periods as they need staff members to man them. Didn't bother us that you couldn't use them the play area itself was big enough and personally I think it's good that when its busy they add these extra areas in so there's more for the kids to do. Now onto the toddler area. It's brilliant loads of space, lots of activities, full sized gates so you can put your kids in and sit down outside it and have a drink etc and know they are safe and secure. Tended to stop the bigger children going in having the big gates that's say no children over 5. Some larger kids did go in and start tipping all the stuff over but they were soon shunned out back into the large bit. For a play area to go to every week no, not really its to expensive but for special occasions, days out etc yes this will be a regular stop for us when we visit family around Manchester and further south.

Oh and for the person who said it was to loud, what do you expect clearly you don't go to many of these places they are all loud!

Don't listen to the bad reviews this is not a 'play area' it's more an amusement park, special treat, day out with the kids activity.

1 Thank JandJthehotelslaves
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Unbelievably bad value for money.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My friend and I took our 2 kids aged 6 and 2 aged 18 months. The total cost had I not had a discount voucher would have been £33.70 for 2.5 hours play, with an extra £3.95 for the zip wire. The place is nice & big & plenty of chairs & tables so you don't feel claustrophobic like in other play centres. The play area itself is also huge, which in most respects is great for the kids...but if one were to get injured somewhere in there it's quite a trek to get to them, and although the frame is big...£10.95 is daylight robbery for 2.5 hours play. It also took me 15 minutes to even spot my son in there to get his attention that it was time to leave. We ate there, the food was nice but again, over priced & not really geared towards kids, they're trying to be a bit fancy on this front instead of just providing a simple kids menu. There was a small queue but nothing major, wait for food was longer than I'd have liked but not excessive. I didn't really have any more than basic interaction with staff but found them pleasant enough. When you think what you can do with your kids, 2 adults, 2 kids & 2 infants for £40....I wouldn't bother with this place. In my experience, little ones, under 2/3 usually go free. I believe that what annoys one person will be no problem to another, the main issues here are all surrounding COST. I'm not hard up, nor am I tight, but it is extortion. Spend a but more and go to Lego Discovery where you can stay all day (though do read my review on that place if you like). What I'm most surprised at is the responses from the management on some other reviews, an explanation offered...but no "sorry you weren't entirely happy". That's the norm isn't it?! Poor to say the least.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Dellyjc
Manchester, England
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“More expensive but more enjoyable!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Sick of going to play centres where my 14 year old and 10 year old cant play or there's a tiny pit for my 2 year old I decided to take them here. We went off peak and it did feel expensive but the kids all had a fantastic time! The older boys enjoyed playing and go karts included in the price, my 10 year old would have liked a laser tag game but this is not available off peak.
My 2 year old is not the most confident and following an accident at another play centre where she broke her arm a few months ago is very wary of older children on the structure, however, this wasn't an issue as when children over 5 who were not playing with a younger sibling came in and were playing 'rough' the guy in charge of go karts came over and asked them to go to the big structure. If you are a more adventurous adult then you are allowed to play too.
I was also impressed that although snacks were expensive they had a gluten free option when I asked

1 Thank shellmark