“Eat here at your peril!”
Review of Missoula - CLOSED

Missoula
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Missoula Piccadilly Gardens is right in the heart of Manchester's city centre. By day a relaxed and friendly place to grab a bite to eat and catch up with your friends or to escape the office, by night we become the perfect place to party offering style and substance without an ounce of pretension. Open early for breakfast and coffee, Missoula serves freshly prepared food until 10pm, so why not try a dish from our menu? If food isn't top of your agenda, you could always treat yourself to one of our fantastic cocktails - we promise that you won't be disappointed. If there's a group of you or its a special occasion, book one of our exclusive booths and party the night away in style. Whether there are 10 of you or 200, whatever the occasion, contact us via the 'Book an Event' link and allow us to tailor your visit with us to your own specific requirements!
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We arrived at about 7.45pm. There did not seem to be many people seated already but we were informed we would have a 45 minute wait to be served food. This we accepted and then attempted to place an order for the 6 of us. This took some while as approximately 7 of the items chosen by our party were all unavailable - from a menu that is certainly not extensive. We were then also told that 1 of the 4 draft beers / lagers was also unavailable.
We waited for approximately 50 minutes. The food arrived – and despite having clearly ordered 6 starters and 6 mains all the food arrived simultaneously.
We were offered that the mains to be removed and kept warm but we decided against this. 1 of the starters was an incorrect dish – the wrong sharing platter – but given the wait we decided not to request a replacement. The pizzas that were supposed to be bacon, ham and pepperoni had only pepperoni – and only 6 pieces of this.
My wife then tried to eat her chicken and bacon salad only to find that the chicken was raw in the middle and so we sent this back.
In fairness to the senior waitress she was full of apologies, we were offered a replacement meal for this, refunded the cost of the raw chicken salad and also provided with some additional free drinks.
The entire evening was without doubt the worst dining experience that we can recall.
The lack of awareness and information on the part of the staff as to the numerous restrictions on the menu set the evening off on a difficult foot – the inability of the kitchen to serve starters as starters and mains as mains was inept, the pizzas were not as described with stingy quantities of toppings, and the semi-raw chicken was a potentially disastrous error.
Fortunately I am a GP and so was able to give my wife appropriate antibiotics as soon as we got home that would prevent her from contracting salmonella.
None of us have any intention of eating in a Missoula Bar ever again.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

What fantastic service! Had a delicious full English breakfast here for under £5 one morning (I was even allowed to swap a fried tomato for an extra hash-brown!) and the service was so good I decided to return for dinner that evening. I was able to order 2 main courses from a set menu for less than £9 (that's £9 for both - not £9 each!) which were both absolutely delicious! They run a 2-for-1 offer on all cocktails before 8pm also which started off our evening very nicely!
Overall great food, great value and above all excellent and friendly service! HIGHLY recommended!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Food was great on offer 2 courses for £8.95 bargain really tasty burgers and scampi only thing that let the place down was the toilets, run down and smelly - you can tell its a busy bar of an evening!

Great decor in the main body of the bar/restaurant.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Been here twice now during the week and I really like it. Don't get me wrong it's not fine dining, it's more like fast food, but they do it well. Lovely fresh pizzas, nice burgers, pleasant friendly staff, a nice bottle of wine for about 8 pounds and nice surroundings. They also do a good range of cocktails which are 241 before 8 o clock

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is the second time I've been to Missoula on Portland Street, and it has not disappointed me. I would advise to avoid the bar/restaurant on a Friday and Saturday night, however as a midweek treat, it's fantastic.

We both had the All American Burger, I had a large glass of red and my boyfriend had a pint of coke. £21! Absolutely excellent prices and you walk away stuffed. The burger was very tasty and cooked on the grill. I liken it to Hard Rock because of the style of menu, but larger portions and cheaper price tag.

First time we went, I had a steak which was cooked to absolute perfection (medium) and probably the biggest steak I have seen in the city.

Can't recommend this place enough. Thursday night has an incredibly chilled atmosphere. Really the best bar/restaurant I have been to in Manchester! And trust me, I don't say anything of the sort regularly.