“If a place could be summarized by the word "average", this is it.”
Review of Bar 21

Bar 21
Ranked #743 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Specialties Got an alien? Yes we do. Do we make all our dishes fresh & to order? Yes we do. Got great DJ's & a dance floor? Yes we do. Got top class beers, real ales, wines & quality spirits? Yes we do. Do me make fantastic Cocktails? Yes we do. Do we have Happy Hour? Yes we do. BAR21 is the place to come for a relaxed lunch, dinner or night out. None of the pretentious stuff, just friendly staff, great food, & music you'll want to dance to ! Free WiFi + Motor City Disco Friday & Saturday from 8-10pm + Top Manchester DJs every weekend from 10pm History Established in 2006. Bar 21, formerly TV21, has gone from strength to strength over the years. This year has seen the creation of a whole new bar environment - still casual, relaxed and with great music, we hope that both new and regular customers can feel at home with us here - after all, we're one of the quirkiest bars in the Northern Quarter, with friendly staff and great food too
Shaw, United Kingdom
“If a place could be summarized by the word "average", this is it.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

If there's one thing to say about 'TV21' (now 'Bar 21'), it's that the decor is pretty cool, and will definitely catch your eye.

Unfortunately, that's the best part about the place.

The cocktails are not too expensive, yet I remember them being of a much better quality. I ordered a gummibear margarita, which tasted of pure sugar. I couldn't taste the alcohol at all. The atmosphere was just very flat.

The company's slogan is "Everybody has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another drink."

Charming catchphrase guys...

...I believe think there are much better and atmospheric places to go for a drink, so I won't be joining you. Sorry.

• Visited July 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Favourite”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I go here all the time, absolutely love the burgers (seriously recommend the Mother Clucker!) the staff are always friendly and there is always a good atmosphere. Weekends are really busy, especially with the club downstairs, but during the week there's a more chilled vibe which is perfect for after work drinks and so on. Love this place!!

• Visited March 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great value burger”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Went here for lunch on a break from shopping at the Arndale.
Good menu options, and all reasonably priced.
Burgers are fantastic. Very good flavour, and are hand made so are very tender and almost crumble as you bite into it.
Excellent place to go for a quick bite to eat.

• Visited April 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I had researched this bar and decided to give it a visit. I liked the alien by the toilets but was expecting more of a scifi feel. The bar staff were great, very informative and jolly, which helps. Drinks were cheap but was fairly quiet for a Sunday night.

• Visited April 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“NYE 2013”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Always a good atmosphere.
Came for a few beers whilst on a walk about around the Northern Quarter.

Missed the old sofas but still comfy seating.

Visited December 2013