“brilliento !”

The Town Hall Tavern
Ranked #102 of 2,434 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Description: The Town Hall Tavern, your new favourite city centre watering hole! Serving cask ales, craft beer, delicious cocktails and award winning Pieminister pies.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Its everything you want ! Good food,drinks, friendly staff . its perfect, value for money , top place to go .

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've eaten here a couple of times recently. The first time I had a baked potato with Stilton and coleslaw and I was impressed as it was very nice and well presented. On our second visit I decided to try the very reasonably-priced two courses for £8.95. For the main course I opted for sausages and mash. As soon as it arrived I noticed the sausages didn't look as well cooked as I would've liked, and halfway through the second of 3 sausages I noticed they had a pink, uncooked core! The lighting was quite dim or I probably would've noticed sooner! I didn't dare eat any more for fear of food poisoning! I also found the mash and gravy a bit too salty. I mentioned the sausages to the person who collected our plates and he said he'd tell the chef but no more was said. Later in the evening as we were leaving he asked if we'd paid, his colleague said that we hadn't! We told him we'd paid on ordering and he accepted that, but it seemed unfortunate after the sausage incident! It's put me off eating here in the future, although in fairness my friends were satisfied with their meals so maybe I was just unlucky!

1  Thank 19_Colin_Black
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My family and I stumbled in to this place by chance in desperate need of food on a midweek evening after a day at the nearby Museum Science & Industry followed by a quick trip to the shops.

As visitors to the area, we did not know what to expect and were a little concerned when we could only see 1 other customer in the place. However we need not have worried. The food was delicious, excellent value for money and the service was impeccable but unobtrusive. The beer (Timothy Taylor's Landlord for me) was superb.

Proper pub food (Pate and crayfish starters, Fish & chips and Burger & chips for mains) done extremely well (not like that Masterchef nonesense!!!)

Citizens of Manchester - this place is a rare treat. You should enjoy it and support it to make sure it has the success it deserves. Highly recommended.

1  Thank threeofusCardiff
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The town hall tavern was recommended to us in the building society, of all places! Food was such good value and very tasty. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Dropped in here with friends,it wasnt busy for a saturday afternoon so getting a table was no problem. Drinks are reasonable for city centre,and the place is clean and tidy. We all had a meal off the specials menu (£8.75) ,pleasantly surprised at the portion sizes ,pate was good as was the crayfish starters. Main meals arrived piping hot,fish n chips, steak n ale pie and bangers n mash.excellent value for money . Take time to find this little back street boozer,think youll be pleased.