“Great Food”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great Food”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I've been here a few times and have always enjoyed the food. The desserts especially have always been homemade (I think) and were extremely tasty and I must compliment whoever makes them. I especially loved the cheesecake. The atmosphere is relaxed, and creates a great setting for an afternoon with a friend (or friends).

Visited December 2012

Mexico City, Mexico
“Well priced and cosy atmosphere”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have spent many an afternoon in Nexus. Good veggie food, good coffee and good music. Happy days, occasionally they have live student bands on in the evenings.

• Visited December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely place for lunch - relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I LOVE Nexus Art Café! I used to visit this place a lot back when I was a student, and have recently visited again. The place has grown significantly, with the menu expanded and updated decor. I'm not a veggie/vegan but have always enjoyed the food on offer, the menu is diverse and you don't feel as if you are eating a selection of 'veggie options'. A friend and I also stopped by for tea and cake which was hearty and delicious.

Nexus is a little rough and ready - a lot of elements are self service, and don't expect fancy linens - but the staff are lovely, the cakes are divine and it is a lovely place to sit and relax.

• Visited March 2013
rossendale
“DIFFERENT BUT GOOD”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went on a sunday but everything was available and nice & fresh, the place is great for students and especially good for veggies & vegans, very laid back atmosphere, no frills & had a grungy vintage feel. The food was home made, I had soup & banana cake which was yummy!!!

• Visited April 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Hair in my sandwich”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was my first visit and I'd ordered a vegetarian sausage sandwich, tea and cake.

However, the staff on the counter were very slow to take orders, and what appeared to me to be a small queue took an inordinate amount of time to clear. The woman at the counter was also particularly curt and slammed my mug on the counter when providing it to me.

When my sandwich arrived, I almost immediately noticed that there were two very long, black hairs in my sandwich. One of which was protruding slightly from the edge of the crust.

I took it back to the counter to let the staff know, but much to my annoyance they inferred that I'd placed them in there because their chef in the kitchen was bald. I ended up arguing with them about how they got there (clearly too long to be my hair either).

They eventually relented and provided a refund, but I'd be very reluctant to go back in based on that experience. There's loads of other cafes in that area that you could get good food at a reasonable price and, although it's a good setting, it's not worth running the risk of hairy sandwiches and despondent staff.

• Visited December 2012