“Good place for lunch if you're in the area”
Review of Woodhouse Gardens

Woodhouse Gardens
Ranked #1,065 of 2,345 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: restaurant in a pub
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stopped off here when visiting locally, and were pleasantly surprised. Clearly a popular local, but perhaps aspiring to be a gastropub. We were accommodated without a reservation on the weekend, in the restaurant area. Lots of choice on the menu, possibly too much. Very good value. Clean and well presented. Large outdoor area, so would be good for kids, and they set up a barbecue. Large car park.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Started with an empty bar with no staff, wait 8 minutes, no apology, or thank you. Two meals ordered , food delivered no smile, no offer of salt , vinegar or "would you like anything else" chips soggy and tasted of fat, fish just about cooked but not an ounce of crispy batter, food tasteless, staff surly. Will not buy food here again, so disappointing as ate many times over last ten years. Never again

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Visited over the weekend lovely day outside so decided to go out for tea.

Staff all seemed fed up. We were taken to a table and were there for a good while before we asked if we could order.

The menu looked good plenty of choice but we decided to eat off the offer menu. Im glad we did really as it wasn't very good.

Pate starter was nice enough although 0 effort at presentation and not enough toast.
The roast dinner was small and my ribs and chicken were also small hardly any chips and those that were served were a bit anaemic. We both had fudge cake for dessert I had mine with ice cream and frankly it just wasn't very nice.

Wouldn't return

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We visited the Woodhouse gardens on bank holiday Monday, we sat in the beer garden sa it was sunny, it's spacious with a nice play area for the young uns, their was a barbecue cue available in the garden as well as food from the restaurant, also reasonably priced, nice friendly staff as well, a god daa all round

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The sun is out what better to go to a near by pub for a evening meal with the kids. Sorry I bothered the attitude of the member of staff made me feel like a burden. Huffs and puffs were made when I couldnt decide what to eat.

Its an absolute shame I wont be going back. I enjoy a friendly service when im a paying customer. If I was the owner of this establishment I would supply name badges to staff because im sure the reviews made are regarding one or two persons that is bringing the place down.

1  Thank asshet