Review Highlights
Integral part of Manchester

Great bit of Manchester with some brilliant spots for photography. Lovely going at Easter to see... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
manc_emm
Manchester, United Kingdom
via mobile
An amazing area

This area is an amazing 3D complex experience with canals and bridges high and low that must be... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
JHNB1
Cambridge, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Manchester
from $13.75
from $44.56
from $31.83
from $15.28
More Info
All reviews roman fort city centre canal boat attraction places amazing area bridgewater canal great walk information boards science and industry museum free bus industrial revolution couple of hours the pub moored viaduct juxtaposition paths
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We didn't have much time once we'd stumbled across this area which is hidden by busy roads and railways. It's near to the MOSI too.
We found a Sunday retro market - lovely antique and foods, and a nice restaurant and there's some lovely looking pubs here too. Have a wander!

Date of experience: September 2013
3  Thank sue186356
Reviewed September 1, 2013

While walking around Manchester I came across old canals in the Heritage Park area. Very picturesque with some barge type house boats. Also, in the area was a art & craft and food event taking place, the various foods looked good, too bad I had eaten lunch before going on my walk.

Date of experience: September 2013
1  Thank RcFlyerJeff
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Don't get me wrong here,we are not talking about London,Paris ,Rome,Manchester is a nice city but nowhere near on par with the aforementioned and there like.
You can safely say a weekend is enough,so one of he nicer areas of the it's is Castlefield with its atmospheric typical northern landscape views,where the trains and the trams rush over the viaducts and the canal and its barges meander underneath.Being sentimental I consider it to be one my favourite views of my travels (in its own way)
The remains of the Roman Fort are well,tbf ,10 minutes .
But congratulations to the much criticised ( by me especially) the town planners they have done a brilliant job in Castlefield,just why this imagination wasn't/ couldn't be extended across the rest of he city is beyond me.
Home to many nice pubs,restaurants and bars ,the place will be buzzing in good weather especially bank holidays.
With some imagination it could be extended ,take a look at the river walk San Antonio Texas!
O.k I agree the contrast of regular temperatures touching 100 degs to the weekly deluge of rain does make a little difference,but come on Manchester get your thinking caps on.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank John W
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Lots of things to do and see, most people go to Chester to see the Roman architecture but there is a Roman Fort here, as well as the canal and barges and lots lots more

Date of experience: July 2013
2  Thank Lizjones_12
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Nice for running, walking and at the end is Old Trafford. I would like to live there. I think, the best part of Manchester.

Date of experience: July 2013