“Worst Dining experiance EVER” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 171 things to do in Manchester
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Manchester’s Chinatown is one of the largest outside of China. It’s home to shopping and restaurants and is the center of the city’s Chinese community.
Oswaldtwistle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worst Dining experiance EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Chinese New Year celebrations 2014 . And my wife and I took our daughter and future Son in Law along as they had never been before .Being a lover of Chinese cuisine and wanting to make the day special we decided to have a meal and chose the NEW EMPEROR. I have to say I couldn't have made a worse choice if I had tried . The service was the poorest I have come across in all my years of dining out .After being seated in a corner we where constantly ignored and when we finally did get to order we had to again wait to receive or starters and constantly had to ask where our drinks where . When our starters did arrive and where eaten we had to wait and wait and wait and finally ask for our table to be cleared .Another long wait ensued and yet again we had to ask for our mains ,until low and behold the starters we had already had ----came back again which we told the waiter , again another long wait until our meals arrived and to be honest I can and have cooked better , Our bill arrived and I have to say here and now I DICK TURPIN had the decency to wear a mask . I obviously complained and had the service charge taken off the bill , but I will never visit this establishment again or recommend it to anyone as we had special day out ruined .

Visited February 2014

199 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Very quiet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was surprised how quiet this Chinatown is. But there is some decent variety of food to choose from there. Went there for dinner a few times. Worth going for dinner if you are nearby. But not if you want to experience a typical Chinatown.

Visited December 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Happy seasons restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The best best I the best Chinese. Har Kau dumplings Cantonese duck on rice to die for. Lived in Manc for 4 years and visit here once a month, any visitors I have I always take here. Very small like a front room but big on fast fresh service. Duck duck duck

2 Thank Sam M
Copenhagen, Denmark
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Very small”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

It was raining a great deal when we went to Chinatown (in 2012), so we didn't really hang around for a very long time, but it's a rather small space so you can see it pretty quickly.

Visited January 2013
Britain
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Worth finding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

The Chinatown part of Manchester nestles in a square opposite the coach station and though small the authenticity of the restaurants and shops cannot be doubted . Always check all levels of any building you enter as restaurants are stacked atop eah other . The chinese arch is worth a look , a piece of old China surrounded by converted red brick warehouses .

Visited December 2013