“Great fun but...”

Cheshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great fun but...”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Group of 10 lads and dads went for a bit of fun. Arrived about 30 minutes before booked session time, so could see others racing.

Our party was split into 2 groups of 5; each group had about 50 laps, with the fastest 5 then racing another 10 laps for podium places.

From race start to podium photos it was about 70 minutes. We were last on after a busy day, but the staff allowed us to take photos etc at the end without chasing us out.

Overalls and helmets were clean and in good condition, karts ran with no problems, apart from kart 3 which had a problem accelerating (that's my story anyway!)

Safety was good, witht he marshall stopping racing as required to put tyre wall back, but otherwise letting us get on with it.

The course is short, taking 16-20 seconds, but this meant the racing was car to car and you were not chasing empty track.

BUT

- yes, we had difficulty contacting by phone, but they did call us early in the evening to check we were still coming.
- yes, it is an old factory, with no posh bar (and the cafe was closed when we went)
-yes, the staff could do with some customer care skills (for example the 'rules' could be explained rather then just being told to read the wall, and it is hard to hear instructions when you are wearing the helmet)

We paid £25 each and I think we got good value. Remember, if you only pay £15 with groupon, the place only gets perhaps 50% of this, but still has to pay for petrol, staff, rent etc!

Visited October 2013

“Great experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Booked for myself and the family and had a great time! I was concerned after reading the bad reviews but still decided to try the place for myself, don't understand where the bad/negative reviews come from.we found it easy to book and was made to feel very welcome from the two lovely ladies on reception, who were more than accommodating considering we turned up 25mins late. The place is clean and tidy aswel as the helmets,race suits an karts were more than reliable. All safety aspects were covered in the race briefing- overall the staff were polite and welcoming and as a family we had a great time, so much my daughter has booked her 10th b'day party, would highly recommend to anyone unsure GO Check the place for YOURSELF... Thanks again guys see you soon

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great family fun.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Booked it for myself my wife and my 11 year old son. We loved it and had a absolute ball. Staff were very mindfull of my sons age so allowed us to have a full track to ourselves although there is a max limit of 5 on the track at any one time anyway. Karts were fast and the track set up was very good. A full safety briefing is given before racing. All round a great way to spend a Wednesday evening. Definitely going back for more.

1 Thank Tony E
London
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“AVOID... RIP OFF”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

What a shambles this place is. I brought my brother some coupons from Wowcher to go karting at this dump and they would not even respond to his phone calls let alone answer the phone. When he went there the place was closed. He has not been able to use his gift. Totally unprofessional and a total con. I shall be taking my complaint further. Do not book to use this dump...

3 Thank Stacemeister
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Worked well for us, but...”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went here with a group of about 15. There were about 20 others in the same session, and we each had 4 heats of 5 laps each. This worked okay and didn't feel like it involved too much waiting around as they were pretty quick at getting the next lot on track.

They did mess up entering our names onto the computer a bit, and this meant one of our group was missed off completely! Not sure how this happened, but similar mishaps did seem to happen throughout with some races only having 2 or 3 people. This should be easy to fix, but the guy in charge didn't seem shocked (but was hacked off) that it had happened.

The racing itself was pretty good. Carts seemed reliable, course was good (although not overly full of character). Electronic scoreboard was really good to see what was going on and record best times and scores.

So in short, racing good, price okay but some of the organisation of the easy bits could easily let the place down.

Visited August 2013