“Another the best!”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Another the best!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We turned up on time for our booked session only to be told to wait an hour and half or go home! If we did decide to wait we had to stay on site. Ok we though we will have a bite to eat in the pits top cafe but it wasn't open! So we will watch the huge screen tv and send one of our party out for McDonald's but the tv didn't work so we sat in the cold dingy waiting area for the whole time. When ewe did get a grunt of the guy we went and got our suits on although I had to wait until the previous party had finished with a suit to get ready. I tried on 3 suits that had no zip or that we're ripped beyond use. The briefing consisted of " go in there and read the rules" and " push the left pedal to go and the right to stop" or was that the other way round? After that we drove round in circles for 15 mins with no aim the only marker as to who was winning was who drove past me the most! Cheeky! It was ok for £15 we booked through groupon but I'd have been mad if I'd paid full price of £45. Not the best at all

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Gwen R

Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Poor Poor Poor.....”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

DO not use this company, i went there for my stag do and we didn't even get to race! 1 of the 15 party got to practise for a couple of laps and then 1 of the cars broke down and the timing technology went down too? was told to ring back next week to arrange refund, which we did, then got no response to numerous calls, was always told "a manager needs to sort it and he's not in, he will call you back" yes right they did!!! NOT. it looks a good circuit don't get me wrong, but we wouldn't know??? offered NO compensation and NO alternative??? and spoilt my Stag do!!!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Anthony G
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The WORST "karting" place in the WORLD - No exaggeration.”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Introduction to this review = As above.

We were welcomed by two marshalls who were rather abrupt and stated they were running late. We were then told to get ready and leave our bags in the office in which there were were young babies crawling around looking for their mums (who were meant to be running the administration aspect of this huge karting shed.

Eventually we got on the track after being told of the rules and instructions to follow by an arsy marshall. We followed these rather simple instructions and went out on the track - 5 people. Exactly 5 minutes into our race we ALL got black flagged and threatened by staff that we would be "annihilated" if we didnt get out of the go-karts as we were standing our ground as to why we had been stopped. No real explanation was given other than someone had knocked a tyre on to the track and it was dangerous. The manager - Andy who afterwards didnt take any responsibilty whatsoever for his bystanders actions of threatening us - said he had had a busy day and was happy to have taken £75 and showed no remorse for bizarrely calling our 50 lap race to a complete halt!!! IT WAS an AWFUL experience and the 5 of us would love this place to be closed down and would in no way recommend it to anyone!!! DO NOT pay anything to go there a complete shambolic ch*v central farce.

Andy - also stated how it was normal for this sort of thing to take palce and they are used to getting into fights and the police arresting people from the site. I have no other words for this place other than a complete [--] where ch*vs assemble.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank madioni
Manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went with my son, nephew and brother-in-law and committed the cardinal sin of looking on Trip Advisor after booking, so was a bit nervous about what to expect. All I can say is we had a great time!!
Can't really understand some of the previous reviews as our experience was totally different:

Smells of petrol - well it is an indoor karting track so should be expected.
Staff were rude - found all the staff to be pleasant and helpful. They were serious when explaing the safety rules but I appreciated that as it underpinned the need to be sensible to my son and nephew (oh and me!!)
Overalls were falling apart - must have changed these as ours appeared new.
No safety talk - well we did as mentioned above.
People being pulled off the track - was clearly explained in the safety talk why this would happen. Got to remember this can be a dangerous activity.

My only criticism would be there is no lap counter so you can't tell if you had your fifty laps. All in all we really enjoyed it and will be going back again.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Tel-001Manchester
stalybridge
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Don't bother.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We bought £15 vouchers off groupon which gives our experience reasonable value for money however.....we were arrived at 19.30 but were kept waiting for 40 minutes only to be told that they wanted us on and off so that we didn't delay the next, obviously more important, group. We were given no real safety talk just a "did you read the rules while you were waiting?" The karts and the track were ok. Only five could race at one time. They had no way of arranging any sort of competition for us and no timers. We had an important safety rule to follow. If you see the red lights, stop. Safety first, I get it. But the lights are not obvious and it is not possible to stop dead. One of our party took slightly too long to stop. He was removed from the track after three laps. No warning, just off. Waste of money. The attendant was rude and aggressive when I dared ask that the guy might be allowed to complete his laps considering he did not do it on purpose and we had been kept waiting for so long. The inflexible and unreasonable attitude of the staff geos some way to explain why they have to fill the place by selling cheap tickets on Groupon. This would normally have cost £45. I suppose you get what you pay for.

3 Thank m0nkey74