“The worst meal I have ever had in my life!!!”
Review of Ban Di Bul

Ban Di Bul
Ranked #766 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Dining experience in Ban di bul is what I imagine dining in hell would be like!!! After a dining experience at Ban di Bul, I am so horribly scared that I dont think I will be dining out for a while!

I went out for a meal with my sister and a friend and ordered some Korean BBQ, half way through the meal, me and my friend found hair in our food, we didn't want to make a fuss, so we didn't actually complain. Shortly after, the manageress/proprietor came over and snatch the chopsticks from my sister's hand, then she procceed to telling her how to eat properly- she was both rude and aggressive- this embarrassed my sister greatly. In disbelief and in shock, I had to tell her that my sister would like to eat the way she likes, thank you very much.

When the bill arrived, we asked the service charge to be taken off our bill, the manageress told us that we HAVE to pay for sur/charge, and that if we dont have any money, we should not have come out to eat. We point out that forcing people to pay sur charge is illegal, moreover, we thought the service was poor. The manageress told me to shut up and told my sister to sit down.

All we wanted to do was to pay the bill, this took almost an hour and a half as the manageress would not accept our payment unless we pay sur/charge, in the end, we nearly walked out without paying.

In short, we were disgusted, and we would recommend strongly for self respected human being to never to set foot in that place!

9  Thank jokcli

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon with my boyfriend.

There was only one other couple in the restaurant but the atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed.

I ordered a green tea (which at 1.80 was a little expensive for an Asian restaurant in my mind) and bul go gi from the lunch menu. My dish came with rice, miso soup and then the beef and mixed vegetables were on a sizzling hot plate.

The waitress also gave us two complimentary side dishes which were nice to nibble on whilst waiting for the food to arrive.

This restaurant isn't amazing but it isn't bad either. Hence why I would give it 3.5 out of 5 if I could.

The waitress was attentive and friendly.

The fresh fruit at the end of the meal was a pleasant surprise.

Please note that they add 10% service charge to the bill which I think is fine as the service is good.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I have to admit it was quite late when we arrived as we had just been to a concert, we had prawn crackers, then a chicken curry and chicken noodles and sweet and sour pork, food was average and service prompt and polite, i had a coke and my friends jut one glass of wine each, we were surprised when the bill inc service charge was almost £20 each. I doubt we will go back anytime soon, compared to other restaurants we have tried in Manchester and the massive choice available.

3  Thank rosebudBridlington
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

As a yakiniku fan, you can only but love Ban Di Bul! Cooked on your table, it is really a great dinner experience.

The obvious choice is the BBQ set 1 with enough variety and quantity of meat for four or two very hungry people.

Have tasted other dishes but I have to be honest, the other dishes are better in Koreana.

But do not be fooled: it is a great place to be with a group of friends!

6  Thank Kai K
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have eaten here three times and I don't know why on my third visit I felt completely ripped off. I must say that the food is pretty good. Their beef bulgogi and chap chae are very tasty but the hidden charges and conditions just ruined whatever desire I have to frequent this establishment!
First of all, there was a hidden service charge even though you're eating solo and the only customer in their restaurant. Second of all, they do not state that you must order a minimum of £10 if you want to use your debit card. As I did not carry cash with me that day, my £8.50 lunch turned into £15.00 because I had to order more drinks and they wouldn't let me go to the ATM to take out some cash! They also miscalculated my bill because the waitress undercharged me for a small glass of coconut juice so I was charged an extra £1. They did get extra money from me but I will never step foot in this establishment again!

5  Thank Flipyankinmanc