“3.5 out of 5”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon with my boyfriend.

There was only one other couple in the restaurant but the atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed.

I ordered a green tea (which at 1.80 was a little expensive for an Asian restaurant in my mind) and bul go gi from the lunch menu. My dish came with rice, miso soup and then the beef and mixed vegetables were on a sizzling hot plate.

The waitress also gave us two complimentary side dishes which were nice to nibble on whilst waiting for the food to arrive.

This restaurant isn't amazing but it isn't bad either. Hence why I would give it 3.5 out of 5 if I could.

The waitress was attentive and friendly.

The fresh fruit at the end of the meal was a pleasant surprise.

Please note that they add 10% service charge to the bill which I think is fine as the service is good.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I have to admit it was quite late when we arrived as we had just been to a concert, we had prawn crackers, then a chicken curry and chicken noodles and sweet and sour pork, food was average and service prompt and polite, i had a coke and my friends jut one glass of wine each, we were surprised when the bill inc service charge was almost £20 each. I doubt we will go back anytime soon, compared to other restaurants we have tried in Manchester and the massive choice available.

3  Thank rosebudBridlington
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

As a yakiniku fan, you can only but love Ban Di Bul! Cooked on your table, it is really a great dinner experience.

The obvious choice is the BBQ set 1 with enough variety and quantity of meat for four or two very hungry people.

Have tasted other dishes but I have to be honest, the other dishes are better in Koreana.

But do not be fooled: it is a great place to be with a group of friends!

6  Thank Kai K
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have eaten here three times and I don't know why on my third visit I felt completely ripped off. I must say that the food is pretty good. Their beef bulgogi and chap chae are very tasty but the hidden charges and conditions just ruined whatever desire I have to frequent this establishment!
First of all, there was a hidden service charge even though you're eating solo and the only customer in their restaurant. Second of all, they do not state that you must order a minimum of £10 if you want to use your debit card. As I did not carry cash with me that day, my £8.50 lunch turned into £15.00 because I had to order more drinks and they wouldn't let me go to the ATM to take out some cash! They also miscalculated my bill because the waitress undercharged me for a small glass of coconut juice so I was charged an extra £1. They did get extra money from me but I will never step foot in this establishment again!

5  Thank Flipyankinmanc
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Went to Ban Di Bul as wondered about what the food would be like and there are not that many Korean eateries in Manchester. The decor is very plain and nothing special and when we visited, we were the only ones there. I ordered pork cutlet with rice and my husband ordered something
called 'fired pork' noodles or something along those lines. I had peanut tea which was an interesting peanut-y drink - not really tea, but tasty! The pork cutlet was piping hot and freshly fried which was nice, but the miso soup and rice were lukewarm when they should have been hot. My husband's noodles were also lukewarm though the topping was cooked fresh - it seemed a recurring theme that the 'ready made' bit of the meals were not piping hot while the freshly cooked ones were. The service in general was good, though the standard of the food left much to be desired. It is pretty pricey considering what you get for it. We were also given some pickles which I thought was part of the meal but which we were later charged extra for - they were tasty, but the wait staff should have explained that an additional charge would apply. All in all, it was a pretty flat and unsatisfying experience at Ban Di Bul and I doubt we will be returning anytime soon (or again!).

2  Thank doofvfood