Tripadvisor
Manchester
Open today: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
I had my early yrs at St Francis, absolutely a top School & Fantastic Church Building that is used for many things, Bril

as above, a fantastic venue for man celebrations & events, the year before we watched a National... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
gedredman
Manchester, United Kingdom
Beautiful building

As a young adult me and my friends struggle for a place to meet and have a coffee, the monastery is... read more

Reviewed January 21, 2020
gingie99
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Manchester
from $15.84
from $15.84
from $52.78
from $17.20
More Info
All reviews christmas party stunning venue main hall awards ceremony st francis afternoon tea lovely building fantastic night great atmosphere gorton restoration vandalism spiritual restore volunteers acoustics awe
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020

Extremely disappointed with rudeness and unwillingness of the manager to deal with my issue on during my event. Rude staff and disappointing service. Would be very unlikely to return, do not host your event here!

Date of experience: January 2020
2  Thank katherinewX4697CN
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Just a beautiful building. The history of the place is fantastic and all on display for visitors.
We came here twice, once for a party and it was so amazing that I booked some rooms for work here too.
Great service, lovely staff, great food and refreshments.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

Attended the Christmas party night here on 13th December with work colleagues. This was our second time here - we enjoyed it so much last time, we decided to come back! We had prosecco on arrival and followed the table plan to find our tables right at the front. The tables were decorated beautifully and the hall is stunningly lit - a gorgeous setting. The bar didn't open for about 10 mins after we sat at our table and then of course there was a huge queue but it was easy to get served after that and prices were what you'd expect. My friend was massively overcharged for a wine glass (?) of blackcurrant squash but this was efficiently handled by the floor manager who apologised and delivered her a large jug of juice which lasted the rest of the night. The food was served by silver service waiters and was hot and of reasonable quality for the number of covers being catered for. We thought the smear of mash and the single sliced sprout were very amusing but I think this was more about being posh than mean as none of us were still hungry after eating. The DJ was good and lots of people were up dancing. I would definitely attend another event in this stunning venue but it was quite expensive at nearly £50, £5 more than last year so not suitable for everyone's budget.

Reviewed December 23, 2019

Great night from start to finish, Fran, Kate and all the team make everything so easy from the initial booking to the evening event. thank you, will definitely be returning.

Reviewed December 18, 2019

We held our works xmas party here on Friday 13th December. I was in awe of the place when we initially booked it. When we arrived on the day the place looked amazing, Xmas decorations were lovely. We asked for all the lighting to be red, which was stunning.. The staff were amazing, from Fran who we booked the venue through to the 3 guys overseeing the party, Neil, Simon and Salvadore.. They were very attentive and could not do enough for us.. Well done guys.. We had over 250 attending the party and have no one has said anything negative.. Such a stunning place to hold an event.. Well done to you all at The Monastery.. We loved it all