“Nice schnitzel, good prices”
Review of Hotspot Ess Paradies - CLOSED

Hotspot Ess Paradies
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was desperately looking for some schnitzel in Manchester, lecker. Some nice sides as well. Very nice staff, too!

3  Thank Nico M

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We took my friend (who has lived in Germany) and her partner here. It was our first time and it was definitely a find! German food is so under-rated and finding a proper German restaurant in the UK is difficult. The people who run it are really friendly and are actually from Germany. The place was not busy so they chatted to us for a while. The food was very authentic and the menu was extensive, with several types of schnitzel (I had the Jaeger Schnitzel) and other traditional dishes (my partner had the goulash). My friend had the Reibekuchen (potato fritters) with apple sauce for a starter and the bratwurst for a main. Her partner had the Currywurst. The portion sizes were just right, allowing us the opportunity to have dessert - try the Kaiserschmarrn (pancakes). The beer selection is very well thought out. My friend's partner got a beer he had had when he was in Cologne last that isn't that easy to come by here. 3x 3courses and 1x 2 courses plus 2 beers and 2 non-alcoholic drinks cost us approx £70, which I feel is good value. We sat inside but there's quite a large outdoor seating area. I really can't see why more people don't come here. The owners clearly put a lot of effort into the food, decor and service, and with so many large restaurant chains around, I worry that this place, and other small, independent restaurants like it, may become a thing of the past. We really should support them ... and I'll be happy to go again and again (if only to try a lot more of what their menu has to offer!)

6  Thank Karen-Mark_21
Reviewed June 9, 2014

went here for dinner recently and had a decent meal. it was fairly good but not as amazing as i had hoped given the rating on this site. both my husband and i ordered pork schnitzel. i asked if i could have spatzle on the side instead of fries, and my request was honoured. however, i was not informed that it would cost extra. i might have chosen otherwise had i been aware.

the decor was nice and the staff were attentive and polite.

1  Thank me e
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great little restaurant, we have been quite a few times now and have always had a good time. There's some pretty strong competition in the area and unfortunately it rarely seems busy. This is a shame because the food really is excellent and the beer selection is second to none. We'll definitely be back.

4  Thank Jaggler
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is a lovely little restaurant, very welcoming and provides well priced wholesome German cuisine. Went for the Schnitzel Strudel combination as you should and it was great. The owners are really friendly and the service good. I'll be back.

3  Thank JordanAky