“Lovely, friendly place”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2014

During the summer months this is one of our regular haunts. We love sitting outside in the sun, sinking a few German beers and having a bratwurst. My partner used to live in Germany and he is really impressed by the range of beers and the authentic presentation of the bratwurst.

The service is really friendly and prompt.

4  Thank lefrickster

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I am totally shocked at the good reviews for this place! We thought it was appalling. Contender for not only the worst restaurant in Chorlton, but probably the whole of Manchester.

I had some chicken wings to start which were obviously frozen catering type that are reheated , certainly not prepared freshly on the premises. Disgusting.

The schnitzel main course had zero flavour. I have been to Germany and had some amazing pork schnitzel there, this did not compare. It came with greasy, chewy deep fries noodles on the top which were inedible, and a cold lumpy gelatinous sauce which was meant to be pepper flavour. The only way to make it anything remotely peppery was by adding my own. I ordered some fries so that I didn't go hungry. These were the only food that was even remotely palatable.

The staff are very poor. They ignore you when you try to get their attention for anything. The place was practically empty, and when saying "excuse me" to get the waitresses attention about 10 times, we were ignored. She was only about 6 feet away. In the end we had to walk over to her to get another drink. Same happened when trying to pay the bill. Funny thing was that when we almost gave up and commented about leaving without paying, she came rushing over.

The only good thing about the place is the bottled beer. But I guess it would be hard for them to ruin that.

6  Thank JoE615
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Excellent burgers with a proper sauce. Very friendly service and reasonable price. They also do a bloody good schnitzel!

4  Thank Matt P
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I went here with my German friend, after we decided to have a day trip to Manchester. Being Malaysian, I am very picky with my food. And this restaurant did not disappoint. My German friend was very impressed with the authenticity of the dishes, he said they all taste how they should be, if not better.

I had the cheese noodle, potato fritters, Chicken Schnitzel and kaiserschmarnn. They were all wonderful. You have to drive for a bit to get to this restaurant as the location not exactly central, but it wasn't a long drive. And I'm very glad that we did!

The place itself is rather small, but clean and staff were friendly. When we first arrived, there were only us and another couple, but when we left, the place seems pretty full.

Price was also reasonable, with average-to-large portion of food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and I will come again if I have another visit in Manchester.

5  Thank mohammadn490
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Visited tonight with my gf and we both really loved it. Reminded me of previous hols to Berlin and Munich. Great food and service. Will def be back. Ace.

3  Thank Stoofpotje