“Great German food & hospitality - I'll be back!”
Review of Hotspot Ess Paradies - CLOSED

Hotspot Ess Paradies
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Tasty German food at reasonable prices and wonderful hosts that make you feel welcome without being over-attentive. This restaurant is to be highly recommended. We started with Frikkadelle shared between the 2 of us - yum yum, followed by Jager Schnitzel (pork) and Pfeffer-Rahm Schnitzel (pork). Both really tasty and served with spatzel - the red cabbage with the pfeffer-rahm schnitzel was gorgeous. Mr T has been dying to taste the fantakuchen after reading about it and it certainly lived up to his expectations and was a delight. All washed down with 2 authentic German beers and we were full up but a Kummerling, recommended as an option to Jaegermeister, was a wonderful way to aid digestion and end our meal. Even the espresso was good - strong & tasty with good crema and no bitterness. All for a very reasonable £35 (without tip). Next time, sausages & definitely going to leave space for some dessert.

6  Thank Cattmint

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My partner and I have been going to Hotspots for a few months now. The service is great, we found it by chance while searching for some tapas.

The food is very good and authentically German. I have developed a thing for their Bayern Bauenpfanne.............

Possibly the best selection of German Beer in Manchester and the North West. If only they had Berliner-Kindl Jubilaums Pilsener!

It is a very informal place, though the staff are very attentive. They have even helped me with my German!

All in all, a good venue with great food. Go along.................

8  Thank Bryan O
Reviewed February 5, 2013

German street food - really good value with very friendly staff. Can't beat the price. Have a few beers some spicy wings and a chilli bockwurst! A fast food gem with a sit down and relax approach. A welcome change to the endless Chicken Shacks and Pizza!

5  Thank Alidas
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family and I have frequently visited HotSpot Ess Paradies over the past few months and I must say that I truly love the food and service at this restaurant. The food has all the goodness of a home-cooked meal, without the hassle of having to wash-up afterwards.

Normally, I am not very adventurous and tend to keep going for the same food. During my first few visits, I kept having the Schachlik, which I really loved. My wife, however, loves to try everything and therefore keeps encouraging me to try different food, which i am happy to say I have done. I really like the lamb stew and also love their home-made burgers.

I would highly recommend this lovely restaurant to anyone, who likes to be treated like a king (or queen), at really reasonable prices.

As the name of the restaurant suggests, this place really is a food paradise.

5  Thank Alistair N
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited Hotspot on 23.01.2013, and we had a great time.

I spend quite a lot of time in Germany and have become a fan of their cuisine, which is generally much better than most people think. The food in Hotspot is authentic and delicious. They offer a broad range of dishes, and they even have a good selection for vegetarians (which I'm not). We shared a dish of sausages for the starter, and for our mains we had the beef goulash and a pork schnitzel. The selection of different schnitzel is better than I've seen in most restaurants in Germany, which usually only offer the Wiener schnitzel. Desserts: we had the well-known Fanta cake a lovely piece of strudel. They also have a good selection of German beers from around the country, which means lots of different flavours to try (they even have a Dortmund Altbier), as well as some nice wines.

The service was as it should be: prompt and attentive, without being in your face every five minutes. The bill for two starters, two mains, two desserts, two beers and a glass of wine was only £38 (excluding tip), which is very good value.

The staff are super-friendly, and they even allowed me to practice my bad German on them. This place deserves to do well, and I sincerely hope it does. I strongly recommend visiting them.

6  Thank Richard L