“Asian cuisine”

Tampopo
Ranked #77 of 2,435 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Right in the heart of Manchester's shopping district, close to Manchester Arena and the Northern Quarter. A popular choice with shoppers and concert goers looking to grab a bite, or pull up a stool at the bar if you just fancy a drink. Seats 105 and only 2 minutes from the cinema. Bookings up to parties of 6 available via our website. Alternatively for enquiries and large group bookings contact the site directly.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I went to Tampopo on a Sunday early evening. There was no problem getting a table but given the atmosphere and quality of food I am sure this is not always the case. The menu was explained to me and I liked the fact that you could choose from different Asian regions with a map in the menu telling you where each dish came from. I chose Nonya Chicken and Lime Curry which was very tasty and a very generous portion. However (thought I should not have as I was already full) I could not resist the desserts. After deliberating a while which one to chose (as I was tempted by a few) I opted for Khao Niaow Mamuang (fresh mango slices with coconut cream and sticky cinnamony rice) and was not disappointed. It was an absolute treat!
The only downside that evening: some of the waitresses were chewing gum while serving their customer. It does not look nice at all and is disrespectful. Hence only 4 points.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our first visit to an Asian restaurant with mixed cuisines. The selection was varied and guided by our family we selected a variety of starters to share and enjoyed them. The main courses were enjoyable but even with advice a mystery tour. It was all freshly cooked and we had fun with the chopsticks (although for the faint hearted a fork and spoon was provided on request!) Prices were about average for a specialist restaurant.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've been here a few times and also to other restaurants in this chain and never failed to enjoy my meal, the service is excellent and the food is fresh and tasty, we had the Tampopo platter to start and the waitress despite having a few language issues, took time to explain each element and each sauce, if you are looking for a fast Asian meal, avoid Wagamama's across the road and go here instead, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I can't fault anything about this restaurant. The service and food were fantastic. All the dishes we had were well presented, tasty and authentic. The waitress was polite and helpful. Although not a lover of chain restaurants I'm sure I'll go back to this one.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Went for early evening on a Saturday before a concert. It was crowded and had a 5 minute wait to be seated but we were told immediately so didn't really mind. Ordered noodles, rice dish a few sides and 2 kids menu meals, all of which were tasty. The chicken katsu arrived cold, but we'd seen it get carried past, left on the side, brought to a different table, taken back then brought over to us so was to be expected. My friend informed the waitress who was extremely apologetic and arranged for a replacement (fresh dish, not the same one heated up) - mistakes happen!. The service was great, even though they were mad busy, the kids got their colouring menu & crayons and we had hot (eventually) and tasty food, delivered quickly enough to enable us to get to our concert in time but without being made to feel rushed.