“Good Restaurant Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lal Qila Deansgate

Lal Qila Deansgate
Ranked #544 of 2,184 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Pakistani
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Good Restaurant Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Enjoyed the Lamb Biryani, Try it you wont regret. Rest is Ok. The staff is professional and friendly.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Abid S

waterford
“Lovely Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We spent 4 days in Manchester and the nicest dinner we had was here. Waiters were really nice, friendly and attentive, and the restaurant manager/owner (not sure) came to our table at the end of the meal while we were waiting for the bill and did some card tricks for us and after our ooohs and ahhhs he explained how he did them which I think was a lovely touch to the end of the meal. He was a lovely man and it was nice to see that in a business as I live in Ireland and generally you don't get anything like that from staff here unless you pay for it. Manchester is fantastic and the people there are so nice and genuine. We were sorry we had not discovered this restaurant earlier in the week as it was on our last night that we went there and we would have been glad to have spent more money in a nice place like this. Oh and the poppadoms and salad before our meal were delicious as was my chicken korma and my friends Tikka Masala! Wish we had places like it in Ireland

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank babybrowneyes83
“Vegetarian food was terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We ordered 2 vegetarian dishes(Linsen curry and Aubergine curry).
Both were floating in oil. We had to transfer oil from both the dishes into another dish.
I cant comment more as we couldn't finish even half of the dishes...Terribly disappointed. Hope they get their act together.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Hit and Miss in City Centre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Went here on a Saturday night. Glad we booked a table because it was very busy!

Decor is nice in the restaurant and service is quick.

My chicken curry was nice enough and spicy, but my girlfriends prawns were massively over-cooked and inedible.

It seems like this restaurant is a mixed bag and a bit of a gamble whether it's going to be nice or not.

Not bad and good location, but not great.

Visited January 2014
“Not the best Indian restaurant.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and myself attended this restaurant for a little Christmas treat. Well what a disappointment. What can I say we ordered starters each. My wife by the way is a vegetarian thus ordered meat free starter. Guess what it arrived some items were meat free one wasn't. Informed the staff of whom stated that we would not need to pay for it due to their mistake. I would expect that at least as this was their mistake not ours.

Right main course, simple Indian food, chicken tikka. Tikka had no taste with the colour red, presume to disguise just plain chicken. Curry sauce that accompanied meal like gravy, no taste and we have had many Indian meals. It was like water with I must say again very little taste.

Ok very disappointed with the night, the restaurant was very modern and looked clean but our thoughts meal was poor for price.

Lastly requested bill, guess what they tried to charge us for my wife's starter, as you can guess completely lost my trust in this establishment.

I have been to manchester numerous times and always eat out at various establishments I've got to say this was poorest by far. Manchester has a great heritage for fantastic Indian cuisine, sorry to say this lets it's self down. I would if possible look around and my opinions are my own and must admit not that fussy and eat most things.

The only Pro is its looks clean, the Cons we'll see above. I have never given a bad review on trip advisor but there's always a first and I am sorry but Lal Qila your my first.

• Visited December 2013