See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a concert- handy for town, great value for the price and outstanding service. I left my kindle behind and it arrived at my address the very next day after a quick phone call. Very friendly and helpful. Just don't lose the key!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
r n, Manager at New Central Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Glad you enjoyed your stay and if in Manchester again, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Thank you for your custom.

Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

Flat welcome (as though I was rudely interrupting them) and a depressing room, not much bigger than the single bed it contained, with a bathroom that was not so much en suite as part of the bedroom, decorated like student digs from the 1970s

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
r n, Manager at New Central Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Sorry our welcoming and the room was not pleasing unto you! How was your examination and hopefully you are no more under pressure?

Reviewed May 14, 2017

I stayed for a night in the room with en suite and cant fault the place. It was clean and comfortable and was everything it was advertised to be. It's a 15 minute taxi ride from Deansgate and the location is very quiet and peaceful.

I could have spent over £70 for a Premier Inn and spent £56 (incl. taxis) instead.

The manager/landlady was friendly and helpful and there isn't much more I can add. I'd have no problem staying there again.

Room Tip: Front en suite is quiet and overlooks some park
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review.
When next in Manchester, we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Stayed with my friend who was running the marathon.
Even if the room was small it seemed to have the main things, plus the room had en suit.
That was all well until my fried who was feeling unwell decided to take a shower. The electric shower had 0 pressure and after a while my friend had to give up. I had to wash myself in the sink, which was quicker.
The beds both had plastic sheet which meant both of us woke up drenched of sweat during the night. This place might be a budget B&B, but I would never return to this place again and neither would my friend. I would rather spend more money and have a decent night sleep and a shower.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
r n, Manager at New Central Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

I am sorry your stay was not as enjoyable as it could have been. As we discussed at check out, you appear not to have understood how to work the showers. Had you spoken to me at the time we could have sign posted you or your friend to the communal bathroom facilities opposite your room.

What you refer to as "plastic sheets" are in fact mattress protectors. These are commonly used in the hotel sector. Had you raised this with me we would have been happy to find a resolution for you. Even though we are a budget B&B we always want our visitors to feel both welcomed and comfortable during their stay with us.

We can only apologise, but hope you did well in the marathon nonetheless.

Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a single room here with ensuite . Only paid £44 for 1 night , which didn't include breakfast. Good value for money as I was only stopping over to see old uni friends on my way home as part of my holiday . Very very basic , not much decor and get what you paid for . Got provided towels, soap, kettle and tea making facilities in room. Very quiet area and I had a comfortable nights sleep. About 40 mins walk to city centre . Good bus routes but difficult given road works and diversions at the moment in the city centre . So I walked or got a taxi .

Lady that checked me in was friendly . I'm not sure if I'd stay more than one night here but was perfect for wanting to making a 1 night stopover and I could safely park my car outside the hotel . There was ample free parking there .

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends

Thank you for the attached review.
When next in Manchester, we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Once more, thank you for your custom.