See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotelier is a very rude lady. After 6 hours travelling we we greeted with a sour face a and told that there was no room for us. She was annoyed we had not checked in at 1pm even though my book said I could book in from 1pm till 9pm and it was only 6.30. This guest house does not understand the meaning of customer service. There are other people on google who have experienced her rudeness!

Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Lesleysteward
r n, Owner at New Central Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

I am sorry to hear that you were displeased with the service you received at the New Central Guesthouse. It is our continual endeavour here at the New Central Guesthouse to provide a premium service and put the needs of our guests first.

In this particular instance, you had stated that you would be arriving at the hotel around 1pm and when you still hadn't arrived at 6pm, we were understandably quite concerned. In our attempt to contact you to check you were okay, we realised that we had received some of your details incorrectly and we were subsequently unable to reach you. It was a relief to see you arrived safely after 8pm and more so, that the room was still available for you. It is our policy to ensure we do not let down our customers, therefore we (the Booking Agent and ourselves) did everything to ascertain you were alright. Being a small-family run company, we pride ourselves on being interested in the well-being of each and every one of our guests and taking customer service much further.

I’d like to clarify that check-in time is between 1pm and 9pm and we were more than willing to accommodate you, however, on this occasion, you made it quite clear that you were not willing to stay with us. We’d like to reassure you that we take every comment left on Trip Advisor very seriously and we do hope that you will stop by again when you are next in Manchester. A BIG THANK YOU to the family members that came with you. All the best and thank you for taking the time to review the New Central Guesthouse.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on 1st December 2012. W were watching a gig that night at the MEN and this hotel was cheap and close to the venue. I saw a cople of critical reviews and felt a bit fearful but Inneedn't have worried. We had a warm welcome and our room and bed were clean and comfortable.
The toilet and bathroom separate to the room were also clean and we were given access to WI-FI which meant we could catch up on e mails.
As noted above, the hotel is really close to the MEN and a fifteen minute walk at most.
The lady looking aft the hotel was really friendly and our breakfast this morning was plentiful, hot and tasty. We both had the full English.
All in all, this is a no frills hotel but we felt it represented great value and we would certainly recommend on that basis and we will be very happy to use it again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zonderman
r n, Manager at New Central Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Do appreciate you taking time to write the above review about our Guest House.
Hope your journey back home was pleasant; no doubt, because you are a pleasant couple.
Look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Received a very warm and friendly greeting on arrival from a lovely lady. Helpful advice provided on where to eat, good recommendations.

Room was clean, warm and comfortable, lots of hot water available for a refreshing shower.

I needed an early start and breakfast was available to help me set off early. Breakfast was pleasant, full English was well cooked and presented with lots of other sundries available to fill any stomach.

Overall I think that this is a lovely guest house offering good value for money. I will definitely stay here again if I am in need of a room in Manchester.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve M
r n, Manager at New Central Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for your review; do appreciate you taking your time to write it.
Look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My first visit to Manchester. Spent 4 nights at the guest house. The environment was neat and quiet. The location is very accessible to city centre and other interesting places. The manger/owner gave very warm and friendly welcome; gave different transport maps to assist in moving around in Manchester. She also offered juice and bottled water as soon as she helped in settling down in the room.
Stayed in a single room - very neat, with TV, toilet, shower, etc, the bed was small but comfortable - had comfortable sleep all through. The area was safe; I walked to Manchester Fort Shopping centre alone to have a late dinner at Nandos.
The breakfast was very superb. The manager was always helpful.
I forgot my book at the dinning room when I checked out; she phoned me when I got back to London same day, and promised to send it to me by post. She mailed it to me (without any charges to me) and I received it next day.

I'll definitely patronise the b&b again and recommend to anyone I know going to Manchester.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
r n, Owner at New Central Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review us. Hope you have enjoyed your stay in the UK overall? Anytime you are in Manchester, we look forward to welcoming you back again, as you are a pleasant lady.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stay here on my own quite a lot when working in Manchester. I stay in budget hotel chain also, and yes, it isn't as good as them. However, when I am cannot get an advance cheap hotel in Manchester, B&B's are the next choice; there are a number of similar for this price range. It is has small rooms, simple with all t hat you need, coffee, kettle, clean sheets, towels, soap.. The beds are single and small, but I always sleep well and have no problems. Breakfast is adequate and with fresh filtered coffee and juice.
The area has a "reputation", but I think it is undeserved and have never had any trouble here, and I have walked back early hours after a night out before.
People can complain, but what do you expect in a major city for this price?
The lady that owns and runs is lovely, always helpful and very friendly.

Room Tip: Free parking as this is in a residential area, 20 min walk to Arndale and central attractions. Fort retail park round the corner is you need a bit of shopping or a quick meal, KFC, Nando's, etc..
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Julian W
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review us.
We are looking into having more big en-suite rooms with double beds available very soon; leaving us with few cosy rooms.
Thank you for your custom and repeated business.
look forward to welcoming you back again.