See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Received a very warm and friendly greeting on arrival from a lovely lady. Helpful advice provided on where to eat, good recommendations.

Room was clean, warm and comfortable, lots of hot water available for a refreshing shower.

I needed an early start and breakfast was available to help me set off early. Breakfast was pleasant, full English was well cooked and presented with lots of other sundries available to fill any stomach.

Overall I think that this is a lovely guest house offering good value for money. I will definitely stay here again if I am in need of a room in Manchester.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve M
r n, Manager at New Central Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for your review; do appreciate you taking your time to write it.
Look forward to welcoming you back again.
Thank you for your custom.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My first visit to Manchester. Spent 4 nights at the guest house. The environment was neat and quiet. The location is very accessible to city centre and other interesting places. The manger/owner gave very warm and friendly welcome; gave different transport maps to assist in moving around in Manchester. She also offered juice and bottled water as soon as she helped in settling down in the room.
Stayed in a single room - very neat, with TV, toilet, shower, etc, the bed was small but comfortable - had comfortable sleep all through. The area was safe; I walked to Manchester Fort Shopping centre alone to have a late dinner at Nandos.
The breakfast was very superb. The manager was always helpful.
I forgot my book at the dinning room when I checked out; she phoned me when I got back to London same day, and promised to send it to me by post. She mailed it to me (without any charges to me) and I received it next day.

I'll definitely patronise the b&b again and recommend to anyone I know going to Manchester.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
r n, Owner at New Central Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review us. Hope you have enjoyed your stay in the UK overall? Anytime you are in Manchester, we look forward to welcoming you back again, as you are a pleasant lady.
Thank you for your custom.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stay here on my own quite a lot when working in Manchester. I stay in budget hotel chain also, and yes, it isn't as good as them. However, when I am cannot get an advance cheap hotel in Manchester, B&B's are the next choice; there are a number of similar for this price range. It is has small rooms, simple with all t hat you need, coffee, kettle, clean sheets, towels, soap.. The beds are single and small, but I always sleep well and have no problems. Breakfast is adequate and with fresh filtered coffee and juice.
The area has a "reputation", but I think it is undeserved and have never had any trouble here, and I have walked back early hours after a night out before.
People can complain, but what do you expect in a major city for this price?
The lady that owns and runs is lovely, always helpful and very friendly.

Room Tip: Free parking as this is in a residential area, 20 min walk to Arndale and central attractions. Fort retail park round the corner is you need a bit of shopping or a quick meal, KFC, Nando's, etc..
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Julian W
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review us.
We are looking into having more big en-suite rooms with double beds available very soon; leaving us with few cosy rooms.
Thank you for your custom and repeated business.
look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

check in time before 9pm
check out time at 10.30am
breakfast time before 9am
We were told about drinking in the premises and were told about no coming back drunk in the premises in case we get sick.
Were told not to leave a mess in the bedroom
We were told on our way back from town during the day that we had to leave our key in the premises.
We were told...

Good points : comfortable bed, free breakfast, free parking

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pierro_11
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Checked into the room to find a huge skid mark in the toilet bowl, which was a wonderful surprise, and made us laugh for at least the next 48 hours. The towels supplied were more like panty liners in size, but the bathroom was ok other than that.
Breakfast was pretty basic, but i was scolded for wearing socks to the breakfast room, even though we were the only people in there. At least she let us turn the god channel over on the telly.
We were advised not to stray from the building after dark unless you want to get shot up by local gangs, by a friend who lived nearby, but then there was no where to go anyway.
For the purpose it served, i.e. somewhere to crash at night, it was ok. The staff were efficient, and the price was very cheap. It was nice to get back home afterwards though.

Room Tip: Room 6 has 2 single beds, and an on-suite for £4 extra.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Harry J
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Hi, we're sorry to hear that some aspects of your stay at our Guest House didn't meet with your expectations. We've investigated the 'skid row' issue and found this only to be a scratch in the toilet bowl, but we do understand that this may have been seen as something 'untoward'. This has been rectified now. I'm glad you were happy with the rest of the bathroom. In regards to the area, whilst the Guest House is not situated in the city centre, we've never had cause to issue any such alerts on security to our visitors. I’m pleased to note that like every other guests before you, you went out to your concert and came back to the Guest House safe at the early hours of the following morning.
Again, I'm glad that asides from the issues you mention you were relatively happy with your stay, and we'd welcome you back on your next visit to Manchester at which point, we we'd be happy to review your comments in more detail to ensure that those in our control are addressed. Best regards