“Good food”

The Stock Exchange Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Manchester, Stock Restaurant is a unique venue for lunch or dinner plus private events such as birthdays or weddings. It occupies the fine Old Stock Exchange building whose magnificent 50-foot domed ceiling and original marble features create instant atmosphere. Sophisticated and charming, Stock’s food reflects the best of Southern Italian cooking – hearty, inventive and full of robust flavours. Combined with award winning, warm and friendly service - your experience at Stock will be a memorable one.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The food was excellent - I had the sea bass and it really was good. the meal itself was reasonably priced, but the wine is a little overpriced in my opinion. Service wasn't great but the lovely surroundings made up for it.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Amazing food and a great night. We had a very very good meal. Fairly expensive but I felt that it was worth it. Definitely recommend it.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I emailed the restaurant direct first thing Monday morning its now awed and ive had no reply ............I am hoping this email goes to Gary Neville himself or at least the manager. I was at my nephews wedding yesterday and before I but my comments on all the social media sites and trip advisor I feel compelled to email you direct at 7 am in the morning because I feel so strongly about my experience.

Firstly the venue is magnificent but sadly with out air conditioning I've never been as hot in my life even abroad. Apparently the staff said it was broken but I didn't see any sign of any air conditioning units.

The food was delicious and service in the day ok a bit slow but I understand that they had 100 people to cater for at once.

My problem was the evening do I unfortunately was holding the kitty for drink for our table so hence I went to the bar which is something I wouldn't normally do. The wait at the bar was ridiculous and I found myself getting frustrated, the bar staff on the whole where ok but the back up staff where hopeless at 8.45 they had no pint glass one young man who was supposed to be collecting glasses was just doing nothing behind the bar, I felt compelled to tell him to go collect some glasses I could not believe my eye ( because I was still stood at the bar waiting to be served) he was gone about 10 minutes came back with a tray with one glass on it unbelievable!!!

I was then told that the cider had ran out I spoke to a blonde girl with with very short hair and said you need to sort some glasses out and it's only quarter to 9 you've ran out of cider get someone to go to tescos and buy some more as seeing your so limited on the drinks shortage on the pint pots was making the pressure on the bar ridiculous. Her reply was I waiting for someone who has the money to sort it. It didn't get sorted.

The brides mother was outside on the phone trying to get hold of the brides father because he had gone to a pub near by because he couldn't get served unbelievable.

The next time I went to the bar to buy four pints I got my husband to go round and collect pint pots and suggested that they just serve me two pints in a jug. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to stand there waiting to get served and see people doing nothing. I seriously don't know what the blonde women's job was but it wasn't managing staff or actually getting anything done. Someone spilt drinking on the dance floor I asked her could someone mop it up she eventually came out with a mop mopped a tinny little bit I ended up going behind the bar and getting the mop myself and mopping the floor then one of the bar staff that was good came out with a table cloth and dried the spill up.

I'm sure your staff don't normally have to work under such pressure and as a customer you don't mind waiting but seeing staff doing nothing and not thinking on there feet is so frustrating and annoying. There was enough staff on it just should of been more organised and the problems sorted straight away.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We went as a family for a celebration meal and really enjoyed the visit. The surroundings are grand, although atmosphere a little lacking, even with a singer there.

However the service was slick and friendly, the food tasty and well presented and the price wasn't too high.

The cocktails looked great although we didn't try one, however, I did enjoy an after dinner Amaro.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I first visited stock with some clients of mine a few years ago and was really impressed. Unfortunately the place has gone massively downhill. The staff did not seem particularly interested, the food was poor and the atmosphere was non existent.
I had memories of fantastic seafood platters and lovely pasta dishes...the reality now is far from that. I will be avoiding in the future...Jamie's Italian is much better value all round.