“Great Venue,”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Stock Exchange Restaurant - CLOSED

The Stock Exchange Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated in the heart of Manchester, Stock Restaurant is a unique venue for lunch or dinner plus private events such as birthdays or weddings. It occupies the fine Old Stock Exchange building whose magnificent 50-foot domed ceiling and original marble features create instant atmosphere. Sophisticated and charming, Stock’s food reflects the best of Southern Italian cooking – hearty, inventive and full of robust flavours. Combined with award winning, warm and friendly service - your experience at Stock will be a memorable one.
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Great Venue,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food great and service very attentive, it just seems to lack some atmosphere or maybe it was just the day we went

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Rober178
Alessio M, Manager at The Stock Exchange Restaurant, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your evening hope to see you again soon x

Manchester
“Standards Slip at Stock?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a centrally located restaurant, but as it's in the 'business' area of the city, you may not have heard of it. It's located n the old Manchester Stock Exchange (hence the name) and as you would expect, the interior is rather stunning. Huge, high, ornate ceilings... A real treat.

We only paid a visit, as we found a voucher on LivingSocial (£34 for 3 courses for 2 people), as I simply would not pay the standard prices. Our welcome was warm and genuine and we were shown to a large table, in the relatively sparse restaurant. The wine list was extensive, although I opted for a soft drink.

The starters are fish/seafood heavy, which isn't to my taste, so I went for the Italian Sausage with polenta. The sausage was full of flavour but I found the polenta lacking. There wasn't much flavour and it was very dry.

For mains, I opted for the lamb, which was cooked perfectly. It's a shame but the meat was a bit fatty. The sauce was good but the real disappointment was the dauphinois potatoes. They were so dry. These are meant to be creamy but they were completely overcooked.

Dessert was a sharing platter. A trio of chocolate tart, meringue and one other which I cannot remember. These were nice without being memorable.

All in all, it was ok. As I had the voucher (£34 instead of £64.80), I felt we done ok but I would have been disappointed to have paid full price. At £20 a main, you want perfection.

Our waitress was lovely and I simply couldn't fault her.

Visited April 2013
I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your evening at Stock. We take all customer feedback very seriously and would like the chance to hear more about your experience and where you feel improvements could be made. If you would like to get in touch with us to discuss this further then please give us a call on 01618396644
Borehamwood and Wilmslow
“Love it! Love it! Love it!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Somewhat belatedly, I write this review. My mother and I visited a few weeks ago, service as usual, was excellent, food delish, all round excellent - thank you. Arron, you were your usual delightful self. Please thank the lovely waiter - he could not have been more helpful. How lovely to meet the chef too. Delighted to say that I am now fully recovered from my knee surgery and look forward to visiting you again in the not too distant future.

• Visited March 2013
Good to hear you enjoyed your time at Stock again, and we all look forward to seeing you again soon - especially Arron :) x
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant in Manchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We came here for dinner one weekday and the service and food were wonderful. The building is absolutely stunning and the drinks were offered by a waiter who knew the wine list well and offered us a selection of champage which was served in chilled glasses with strawberries on the side!

The food was obviously freshly cooked by incredibly talented chefs and the menu selection was fairly priced and wide-ranging. I had lobster ravioli and it was the best I had ever tasted. The fritto misto starter and tiramisu were brilliant also.

The service was attentive but not intrusive and it was nice to have staff who are Italian as it adds to the atmostphere.

I will definately return, especially on a night such as the live music nights and special events they have on.

Well worth a visit, Manchester's hidden gem!

1 Thank Rebecca M
We are delighted you enjoyed your evening at Stock - the fritto misto is very popular as you can see from one or two other reviews here! We look froward to seeing you again soon x
“MANCHESTERS VERY OWN POSH SOUP KITCHEN! TERRIBLE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Shocking service

To be fair - everyone told me great things about this place. In all honesty DONT BELIEVE A WORD, its terrible.

Went for an evening and left feeling that i had wasted my time effort and money. They ask a question then ignore your answer. 25 mins for a drink, cold food, dodgy starters and above all if you want a drink you either just accept that its not going to happen or plead with a waiter (whos doing his very best to ignore you, unless you seem to be splashing the cash)

The management answers on here are all the same and seem to be a standard copy and paste job. To think this place had a reputation in Manchester. Now still has a reputation however its for a completley different reason.

Even if you think to take the chance because a review seems to be good (chances are that they got it right for one person out of hundreds and really really should be ashamed)

I dont even want to rate it but it makes you! Broken seats - dirty toilets - dirty tables. The list goes on. SHOCKING!!

If you have ever wondered what it would be like to be an invisable person. Dont worry - pop into this restaurant / canteen and you'll know. The only time this place could possibly be described as a gem of manchester is if you base it against the arndale food court.

Thank WonderingWelshB... O