“Perfection - we are always on the lookout for a Persian restaurant, look no further” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pomegranate

Pomegranate
Ranked #339 of 2,184 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
North West England UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Amazing, amazing, amazing! Fantastic service, extremeley authentic Persian cuisine (which is hard to find) and to top it all off, in a great area with lots of really pleasant bars for a drink pre/post meal.

When we tasted the food, we both looked at each and reiterated that we will be back within a few days the food was so enjoyable.

• Visited July 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious, healthy, wholesome food--great for the health conscious & yet satisfying and filling!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Lovely decor, fantastic location, lovely staff and excellent value for money. I have always struggled to find healthy food that is still satisfying but pomegranate was perfect for me! Definitely can't wait to go back and try out the kebabs!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Beautifully cooked Persian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We walked in for an early dinner on a Saturday night- managed to grab a table before the place filled up. It was a quirky, tastefully decorated little restaurant. A very friendly, knowledgable waitress. We ordered the "Iranian" tapas to share as a starter- and the Fesanjoon was absolutely delicious. The naan was garlicky, and aromatic and went well with the Fesanjoon. The Sabzi Panir salad was also a great combination of Feta, marinated olives, cucumber, and red pepper. I wasn't so keen on the smokey aubergine dip, and thougut it would have benefited from a bit more vingerary garlicness. What can I say..I love garlic.
The mains were also well done- the chicken kebab was one of the best marinated, tender and toothsome kebabs I have ever had. Wasn't so keen on the rice and broadbeans- but that's probably a personal preference. We also had a very drinkable bottle of Rioja for £20.
Defintely be back!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank V S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A little piece of eastern delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I have now been to this restaurant twice and cannot fault the service food and value for money. The waitress is attentive yet not over powering and the food is excellent for both meat eaters and veggies. I have recently lost my favourite Persian restaurant in Birmingham so to have found this when I travel to visit my partner is a real joy.
I am looking forward to trying new dishes on the menu so they deofinately get my vote.
As an adopted South African to see good Western Cape wine is also a major bonus.
Thank you .

Visited March 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Persian experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We went to Pomegranate for the first time and did not get dissapointed. Choice on the menu is reasonable for a small restaurant and has good choice for vegetarians and even vegans.
We ordered bottle of wine for around £17 which was very nice. We had starters and the mains and all was very tasty and fresh but did not try any desserts. With your main you can order saffron rice or salad (included in the price of the main) or have half each. I have chosen full portion of rice and paid for extra salad but found it disaapointing when saw other guests in restaurant ordering half each on same plate and getting same size portions. To be honest, it is better to order half each as sizes of the plates are over the top considering how small tables are so it is difficult to fit everything in.
Interior is really nice and nice music in the background, not too loud.
We sat at the window close to the back door so I was really cold through the whole time of being there. Maybe they should think about some curtain for the winter time.
Service was good but not great as nobody asked us if we have enjoyed our meals and everyhing was ok or if we just need anything else which you kind of expect paying this price in this area. That was the only negative observation.
Summarising, food was lovely and we will definitely come back.

1 Thank kaska79