“A little piece of eastern delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pomegranate

Pomegranate
Ranked #329 of 2,246 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A little piece of eastern delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I have now been to this restaurant twice and cannot fault the service food and value for money. The waitress is attentive yet not over powering and the food is excellent for both meat eaters and veggies. I have recently lost my favourite Persian restaurant in Birmingham so to have found this when I travel to visit my partner is a real joy.
I am looking forward to trying new dishes on the menu so they deofinately get my vote.
As an adopted South African to see good Western Cape wine is also a major bonus.
Thank you .

Visited March 2013

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Persian experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We went to Pomegranate for the first time and did not get dissapointed. Choice on the menu is reasonable for a small restaurant and has good choice for vegetarians and even vegans.
We ordered bottle of wine for around £17 which was very nice. We had starters and the mains and all was very tasty and fresh but did not try any desserts. With your main you can order saffron rice or salad (included in the price of the main) or have half each. I have chosen full portion of rice and paid for extra salad but found it disaapointing when saw other guests in restaurant ordering half each on same plate and getting same size portions. To be honest, it is better to order half each as sizes of the plates are over the top considering how small tables are so it is difficult to fit everything in.
Interior is really nice and nice music in the background, not too loud.
We sat at the window close to the back door so I was really cold through the whole time of being there. Maybe they should think about some curtain for the winter time.
Service was good but not great as nobody asked us if we have enjoyed our meals and everyhing was ok or if we just need anything else which you kind of expect paying this price in this area. That was the only negative observation.
Summarising, food was lovely and we will definitely come back.

1 Thank kaska79
Stockport, England, United Kingdom
“Great food but quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I ate at this restaurant in March 2013 with my wife and 2 other couples, one of whom is Iranian so he was familiar with this cuisine. After sampling a selection of starters with warm bread, of which the chicken livers were particularly flavoursome we then demolished a hearty selection of mains. The kebabs were excellent. Tasty and fresh and the lamb shank was delicious. The only downsides were that there is no draft beer, which is always preferable for a guzzler like me but they had a few standard bottles of lager on offer and also for a Friday night it was very quiet with only one other table occupied and therefore lacked any real atmosphere.Service was good and friendly. It would be a shame if this place fails as the food is so good so give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

UK
“Gorgeous food and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Really enjoyed eating here, I had the stuffed peppers and chicken kebab. Both were gorgeous. The service was excellent, waitresses couldn't have been better. We made a mistake with the bill, which was dealt with in a lovely manner.
I will definitely return! Give it a go if you're in West Didsbury, far better than the majority of its neighbours!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Really good food, reasonable prices, different menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

The best thing is how interesting the menu is, not so weird as to put anyone off but mostly filled with dishes you wouldn't have tried before. Very reasonable prices and decent food. The lamb shank was particularly good and I would highly recommend it.