Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been regular's since this wonderful family mozzarella bar and restaurant opened. Last Sunday we visited with our Granddaughter following a shopping trip for her birthday. To finish of a great afternoon we dropped into our favourite Manchester restaurant.

We have never tried the paninis before but tried the sausages and peppers and the porchetta and mozzarella. The bread was warm and delicious and had a small side salad and both are recommended. The menu is varied and have not tried most of the dishes and visited all three restaurants. Our granddaughter choose from the kids menu but decided on this occasion to leave the making of the pizza to the cook !! The staff are so friendly which makes this restaurant stand out. Our granddaughter ended her meal with chocolate icecream served with a candle which was a nice touch. Thank you all at Salvi's

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (470)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Been many times but wanted to take up the 40% offer. Always love the sharing boards and wasn't disappointed (mozzarella is BEAUTIFUL) my friend had the vesuvius pizza and I had pasta with Italian sausage and creamed potatoes which is my new favourite!! Say it everytime but its the best around when it comes to pasta

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Disappointed. We booked with the 40% discount which is a general offer in January. The started were lovely. I am guessing they forgot our mains and then rushed as the risotto wasn’t quite done properly. My friend found a plastic bit in her main and the response rather than an apology was a bit of well it’s plastic from the net it happens. We were offered a replacement meal but we declined given it had taken so long for the mains to come out that would’ve meant my friend eating on her own. We were offered a deduction of the cost of the starter. When my friend suggested it should be the main the waitress said well she couldn’t do that as the main cost more than started. My friend tried to explain that it was the main that was affected. The waitress stormed off and said she would deduct it. She alluded to the 40%off as though that was already compensation. Errr no we would’ve got that with or without the plastic!

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

Amazing food and Vermeilla was very good, however when we arrived we were pressured to finish our meal by a certain time, however the waitress that pressured us also didn’t bother to give us any good service throughout the meal. However, the food was amazing and would come back in spite of the poor service from one waitress.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Not a great vibe, the seat was wobbly, we had to put a folded napkin under the table to stop it wobbling.
Pasta sauce was very bland, partner left it untouched, it was taken off the bill.
Two soggy pieces of bruschetta, badly presented, one with goat's cheese, unpleasant.
The bresaola was nice and a good portion but the presentation was hilarious- just a huge bunch of rocket stuck on it.
Apart from one pleasant waitress, the service was unsmiling, and there was a very surly member of kitchen staff who walked past several times and stared at me with a very unpleasant look after we complained, and a cook who stared at me from the open kitchen and only stoped after I waved.
Probably one of the least pleasant experiences I've ever had at a restaurant; only gave two stars as was with my partner and we laughed about it. This is not why we go out to eat, especially to an Italian restaurant.
We paid and will never be back.