“Neil Medley. Ferrari 458”

47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Neil Medley. Ferrari 458”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Had to unexpectedly deal with a clients mater on Christmas Eve in Manchester High Ciurt. Decided to give the prancing horse a blast. The roads where strangely empty and ended up here for the first time. Easy parking around the court and very handy for the court. We had lattes and later a good white wine. Very clean and attentive service. Great menu choice and wifi. Definitely going to return.

Preston, United Kingdom
“What a delight!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We've been before, this time it was no different still brilliant in all respects - quality of meals, friendliness of staff and excellent value for money. Booked our table for our next trip to Manchester before we left the restaurant.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank JamieandLinda
Manchester, UK
“Not quite 'Fine Dining in Manchester' as advertised”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I visited here as part of a works Christmas evening out, and was interested to see the transformation of this triangular shaped ex furniture store, into a restaurant providing 'quality food and first class service'. Now I do accept that visiting for a Christmas meal from a set menu is probably not the ideal way of assessing a restaurant, but to my mind if a restaurant can maintain its quality standards through such a menu then it should be commended - unfortunately this establishment didn't quite manage it.
The restaurants is quite small, and as the bar takes up quite a bit of space it is a little cramped. It was clear from our arrival that the table was available to us for as long as it took to eat our 3 courses, and that we were not to be encourages to sit and chat casually. Drinks were provided very quickly, almost immediately followed by our pre-booked starters. The salmon starter and ice cream dessert were fine - nothing exceptional but well presented and tasty enough. My problem was with the main course, where I had ordered pan fried sea bass. I could smell the garlic as soon as the waitress brought it through the kitchen door - well not quite, but certainly members of our party could smell it two seats down the table. Now I like exotic world food, and love spices and even garlic itself, however the saturation on this dish was much too much, and as a result made the dish inedible. if it had been advertised as a strong garlic sauce accompanied by baby new potatoes and topped with pan fried sea bass I could have understood, but the menu had no mention of garlic to this extent. Anyway I did mention this to the waitress when she cleared my uneaten plate, and she showed some concern and said she would mention this to the chef, but I heard nothing more and we finished out desserts, paid our bill and left.
If I had been in a small party I probably would have returned the food immediately, but given the circumstances of Christmas and a large works group it really wasn't appropriate. However I might have still expected the chef, or the management, to have acknowledged by comments, Christmas or not. This combined with the rather obvious rushing of our service, I would probably not go back here for a group meal, but might try it again at a less manic time, and if I did I would certainly discuss the dish I was about to order with the staff before I ordered it. On this first visit I thinks its a case of 'could do better'.

Hyde, Cheshire
“Christmas Lunch for 23!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was a return visit to 47KSW and our annual company christmas lunch. Last year's menu was great, this year's menu was even better. This is most definitely 'High End' cuisine, and with 23 covers to serve at once, was not disappointed. Everyone of our party had said just how good the food was and I was seated particulary well to see that the food came out together to each guest. For choice, quality and price I would doubt that any other set Christmas menu in Manchester could better what Barry & his team delivered. Thank you so much for a great meal & I think it would be safe to say that we will be back next year.

1 Thank iceman64
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice place, average food”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had their Christmas menu for lunch. £21.95 for 3 courses. While the descriptions were very nice the food was fairly average and the portions were not large. I had pigeon breast on pomme purée, the pigeon was overcooked and the potato tasted like powdered mash. The fish was nicely cooked and tasty and the sticky toffee pudding redeemed the meal. When we booked we had seen their normal menu, which looked good and much better value, but decided to still go after being told only the Christmas menu was available. I think there were better options nearby.