“Attentive staff in wonderful historic surroundings”

47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

To be recommended.
Food not exactly Cordon Bleu but very edible with reasonably priced wine and attentive interested waiters.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My partner and I took advantage of the £25 for three courses + glass of prosecco offer on a Friday evening in September. Everything we were served was well presented and full of flavour. I was particularly impressed by the veal, which came with a delicate sauce which complemented the meat rather than overpowering it.

We would definitely come back here at full price, though maybe not on a Friday night when live music is played. Not that the music was bad - it wasn't and many people seemed to be enjoying it - but the volume was such that conversation was practically impossible without shouting.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

After having a great breakfast at 47 King Street West a month or two ago, I thought I would bookmark table for an. Evening meal for my wife's birthday. Usually, when going out for a meal, we end up going for Italian, Chinese or Indian food, and I thought it would make a nice change to try something different. We were not dissapointed. I would recommend anyone who has slipped into the "having the food you know" routine to give this restaurant a try. We were lucky enough to get the special offer of 3 courses and a glass of prosecco for £25, but would happily of paid the full price.

We had the Moules Marineire and the sautéed asparagus, both of which were lovely, with obviously very fresh ingredients. For the main course I had the fillet steak medallions, and my wife had the spatchcock poussin. My steak was cooked to perfection, the flavours were perfect, and the seasoning spot on. I've not enjoyed a meal as much in ages. The spatchcock poussin was equally as good. The flavours were great, the chicken moist, and the chunky chips were brilliant.

You have to finish with the eaton mess!!! It was perfect!

All the waiting staff were ever so polite and helpful, whilst not being over bearing. As soon as you look up for assistance, you got it. The atmosphere was really good, and the place looks great.

I would urge anyone wanting to experience great food, and a lovely evening to give 47 King Street West ago, you will not be dissapointed.

1  Thank Matt T
Reviewed September 9, 2013

It was my birthday so we went shopping with the intention of eating out. We were walking down King St West and past '47', looked at the menu, and were sold! We were quickly seated, drinks order taken, and menus offered. I had Pear, Stilton and walnut salad to start, my partner, the Calamari. Both were delicious. We both then had ribeye steak and chips. Done to perfection, the steaks were just right and the chips too! They were large, crispy on the outside and meltingly soft on the inside! We then shared a creme brulee which was superbly presented on a fruit couli with berries, and was scrumptious! Service was discrete and swift, with the maitre d' noticing when we had finished, waiting a short while, then sending in the waitress to clear and take further orders. We left a generous tip!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Working lunch here with a colleague. We shared a starter (ham terrine) which was delicious and clearly used good quality meat. My main was the flash cooked steak which was served with chips - was a little thinner than I was expecting but delicious, chips were good. My colleague had the chicken which didn't look much but tasted great, do think it should have been accompanied with a few veggies just for looks. For dessert I had crumble with custard - DELICIOUS! My colleague had Brulee which had a good crispy top - Nom. Fabulous wine, attentive service and excellent food. Will be back.