“art deco style restaurant”

47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had a lovely meal here, great range of tea's staff were friendly ! have been here a few times and reccomend a visit here!

There are newer reviews for 47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Popped in here for an indulgent little breakfast having found myself with a bit of time en route to a meeting in Manchester. It caught my eye as I walked past and I was glad it did. Very nice fine dining touches (crisp linen, uniformed staff, etc) and a chic sort of 30s decor (think Prohibition, Public Enemy, Bugsy Malone, etc) made this little gem a really different venue. I went for very tasty smoked salmon eggs Benedict type thing, well presented it was too.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

There are many who visit the "trendy restaurants " in Manchester , San Carlo to see celebs, Bar and Grill for the "30 something" trendy, and others who would like a more select good food experience.
47 King Street will appeal to the latter. Located opposite SC it offers a quieter more refined evening with excellent service and good food.
A little "nouveau cuisine " perhaps, and certainly on the pricey side of city centre eating , nonetheless
we enjoyed a really good meal, excellent medallions of fillet and beautiful hake as mains.
A most interesting dessert menu finished the evening , together with some excellent Rioja well priced at £22.
With one round of pre drinks and 3 courses each , a bill of £170 for 2 is very much on the high side
and patrons ought to be aware of the "fine dinning pricing "

We will certainly return ,

It is refreshing to visit a restaurant in the city that is a little differant and not offering the same fayre as most , I would certainly endorse 47 ,

barry h, Owner at 47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and thought that the food and service were excellent. However, I am quite baffled as to the fact that you say your bill was £170 for 2 people!
Even if you ordered the most expensive 3 courses each from our A La Carte together with a couple of sides and had 1 round of drinks and a bottle of Rioja (which is a lot of food and drink!), your bill would not be over £130.
I do not know what round of pre-drinks you ordered but I am assuming it was not a bottle of champagne?!
If you would like to call the restaurant to discuss this with me then I would be delighted to speak to you.
Regards
Barry (Manager)

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a disappointing high tea with my wife here yesterday. Plus points, tea, sandwiches and scones were good. Cakes however were very poor. Seemed to be mini sponge cakes of the Mr Kipling or Iceland type, no variety. Had to get a clean tea cup too as the first one had lipstick marks.

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am disappointed that you only awarded us 3/5.
I can 100% confirm that our cakes on our Afternoon Tea are not Mr Kipling or any other supermarket brand. They are actually made bespoke! I am sorry that they were not to your liking. We chose carefully what to put on the Afternoon Teas and we have a variety which are produced, including mini Chocolate Fudge cakes, mini Victoria Sponge cakes, mini Meringues, mini Fairy cakes, mini Carrot cakes and mini Coffee/Walnut cakes.
Thanks
Barry (Manager)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We came across the current 3-courses for £25 offer that 47 are currently running and, having never eaten in this restaurant before, thought such a good deal was worth a punt, especially as the a la carte menu looked so good.
The menu could have been tailored especially for us, offering delicious meat and fish dishes, showcasing classic and yet inspired techniques and accompaniments in an unpretentious manner. Every meal we ordered was cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. We now understand why they claim their Eton mess as being famous!
Not only this, the service was very friendly and efficient. We'll be back, with or without any special offers!