“Great atmosphere and food”

47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have visited with friends on a couple of occasions and I have really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. I have also found the staff very friendly and attentive. .

1  Thank Ikab

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Came into this place when I took a weekend trip to manchester, was greeted by the host and sat to a table with the dinner menu which was fine. we were offered drinks and shortly our food order was taken. we waited a very long time for our food (over 45min between starter and main course) I asked to speak to management but then the guy in a fancy shirt walking around who looked like he owned the place refused to come over. We were approach by another man who told us there was a delay and we would get our food shortly, at this point my partner and I was so hungry and annoyed by the fact that the owner felt too proud to come over and speak with us. Eventually we got our food which was a small portion and average food that could not have taken over an hour to prepare. Another thing I was very unhappy with was the fact that we were asked if we wanted anymore drinks every 10 minutes, it felt very pressured and uncomfortable. If we want anymore drinks, we will let you know, don't think we will be back or recommend this place to anyone.

28  Thank magical_box
barry h, Manager at 47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Magical Box. Thank you for your recent review. I must be honest and don't understand most of your issues or the title of your review ("Distinging?") I don't recall you coming in to our restaurant (although I notice that it was in November - which could mean it was up to 8 weeks ago) and I am surprised I was not alerted to the fact of your apparent dissatisfaction. Your review seems to remark more on the attire of the owner than your issues with our restaurant. You mentioned you waited 45 minutes between starter and main (you then later say over 1 hour) - I find this very hard to believe as we would normally aim for 30 minutes between courses allowing our guests somewhere between 1 1/2 hours and 2 hours to enjoy their dining experience here. Even if it were 45 minutes, I am not sure what the issue is - how quickly do you want to be in and out of a fine dining restaurant? We don't rush anybody here. In terms of the portions being small, I am again very surprised at this. In November it was our A La Carte Menu and you are the first person to question the portion size - this is fine dining. Finally, you say that our staff were asking you every 10 minutes for more drinks. Again I feel this is an exaggeration. Our staff our highly attentive to the tables, something which we always receive compliments on. I think to put a review where you find nothing positive about the experience at all says more about you than about our place. In future, if you visit Manchester again, I would suggest you visit a more fast food type outlet where you may be more satisfied with the portion size, speed of service and they may even offer free refills on drinks to avoid you feeling "pressured" - this of course assumes that they do not wear fancy attire which may offend you!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have been to this place a few times now for cocktails and a couple of meals, including a Christmas meal with my team. I'm delighted to say that the service and quality of the food has never disappointed yet. It's great when you can recommend somewhere and every single person in the party tells you their food was lovely. They deserve to do really well.

3  Thank Danielle B
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Party of 8 for Christmas lunch. Prompt & courteous service (not a given at this time of year), great food, relaxed atmosphere, excellent value for money. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Nick L
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I organised my company's Christmas party at 47 KSW on 20th December. From first contact enquiring about their availability, I found the service to be excellent. Barry and the team were helpful and very accommodating answering my queries and altering the numbers for the booking up to the same day of the event.
The food was delicious, all three courses and served hot to the table with impecable service and attention to all our guests's needs.
Having organised events like this in the past when at Christmas you always expect the quality to drop a bit, I was pleasantely surprised to see how that was not the case at 47 KSW and the whole experience was first class.
I will definitely go back to the restaurant both on corporate and personal level.

1  Thank Pinkthery