“Mediocre”

47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The food was ok though the cheese souffle was bland and there were very long waits between courses and drinks. The service was not great and when one of our group asked the waiter what the black specks were in her margarita, he was very defensive and only offered to change it after appearing to have been prompted by one of the other staff.

Overall ok, but that was with 50% off - would have felt ripped off if we'd paid full price.

2  Thank Catface H

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Had the early evening menu and the food was excellent! Had the ribeye steak which had a £3 supplement but it was well worth it. Tempura prawns to start were also great. Service was friendly and efficient but a little slow although there was 13 of us so can't really complain. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

four of us went at 6pm on sat 24 nov. the food was amazing could not fault it, but the service was verry slow . 40 mins for the starters and 30 mins for main had to call the waiter each time. also had to ask for drinks . hopefully this was just a one off and it would not stop us from returning.

1  Thank daveb36
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I chose this restaurant for dinner on Sat 17th Nov as a belated birthday get together for my daughter who recently turned 21 and my 'young at heart' but elderly mother, and it was a perfect choice. Chic and smart but with a lovely ambience that suited all of us. We walked in and were immediately greeted and offered our table or a drink at the bar. We chose to go to our table where the waiter took our coats, seated us and 'unfurled' our napkins. We ordered drinks which came immediately and then ordered food. We waited the right amount of time for them to prepare our well done steak, lamb and brie souffle (my mother was having a starter as a main) but they presented us with a small canape to keep us going. The mains were excellent and we all had clean plates. After an interlude we ordered desserts, which again were delicious. The staff were all very friendly, happy to take photos of our small party, ordered our taxi for us and helped us on with our coats. Bill of £99.00 for two mains, one starter, two sides, three desserts, soft drinks and a good bottle of Rose, was good value for money. I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family visiting Manchester

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We went to the 47 west king street bistro on the recommendation of a friend and were both delighted with both the hospitality and friendliness shown by the staff and the high quality of the food If you want an inch thick menu with dozens of choices this is not for you If however its great produce well cooked in a nice friendly atmosphere this is the place to be. You can sit at your table watching the footballers,actors and wags going into San Carlo across the road,whilst eating in a wag free zone drinking great cocktails (2 for 1 offer before 7pm)
We went on a Thursday and all meals were half price which was a real bonus. I had fillet steak with Dianne sauce (not had that for years) and it was superb .I have recently returned from a trip to Texas and my steak whilst smaller than any I encountered in the lone star state had taste and quality exceeding anything stateside, my better half had Lamb and that was equally nice .I can recommend the 47 next time you are in Manchester