“Pre Jesus Christ Superstar Treat”

47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms
Reserve with OpenTable
47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 2,242 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Blackpool
“Pre Jesus Christ Superstar Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went to 47 King Street West for a meal before going to see Jesus Christ Superstar on Sunday the 7 October, I rang to make the booking and was told that on Sunday they only did Sunday lunch and the afternoon tea menu, this was not a problem and on arriving after having to ring to say we would be a little late due to traffice, the staff were great, customer service is obviously very important to this restaurant and it makes a nice change to have friendly and attentive staff without being intrusive
The food was excellent and we thought the price was very reasonable
A great find and we will be back - Thank you 47 King Street West

• Visited October 2012

“Excellent new restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Went there for my friends farewell. Excellent customer service, food is amazing and lovely environment too. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others. The only thing that I felt is a let down which is the portion of the food. As I usually could not finish the whole three course meal but over here, I still feel that I have room for more after the dessert. Other than that, everything was absolutely amazing.

P.S- The dessert was very lovely!

• Visited September 2012
barry h, Manager at 47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the food, service and experience of dining at 47.
Hopefully see you and your friends back here soon.
Regards
Barry (Manager)
Bath
“Very good apart from the veggie option!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This place appears to be all about serving quality food and providing excellent service and for the most part they achieved this. Personally I found the decor very cold but the staff were very friendly and helpful. The cocktails were delicious (I tried the cosmopolitan and elderflower fizz).
The goat's cheese soufflé to start was very tasty and the texture was perfect and I had the spring chicken after. I was lucky because the portion size of the chicken was spot on but two of the people I was with ordered the Mediterranean vegetable stack and I have to say I laughed when it came out. It was tiny and really should have been a starter not a main course. In my experience vegetarian options tend to be quite large because after all veggies are cheap but this mini stack was more like a mini snack. It was also the only vegetarian option so perhaps this place is better for meat eaters! We were visiting during the 50% off food period so we decided not to complain but had we been charged the full price (over £13) I think I would have said something. It just came across as a bit of a rip off which was a shame because everything else was lovely and my chicken was excellent.
Anyway to sum up this place was really good but it really should rectify the vegetarian issue.
Anyway to sum up the food was generally very good

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased that you generally thought the experience was good and thanks for your helpful comments. I have taken onboard your comment about the vegetarian dish and will discuss this with our head chef and look to rectify this. The menu was only launched a few weeks ago when we opened as an evening estalishment and we are still learning everyday. I think we could look to make this dish more substantial as it is a nice dish but perhaps a few more carbs in there would make it a little more filling! It is certainly not our intention to under provide for vegetarian diners. Happy to enjoyed the chicken and the service and hope to see you back here in the not too distant future.
Barry (Manager)
“WOW !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

My daughter and I had heard good things about this restaurant/bar and decided to try it on Thursday evening. This fabulous place get two huge ticks from both of us . We started with cocktails at the bar ( strawberry mojito fab) and was impressed by both the service and the quality of the cocktails.. ( no tacky gimmicks ) . The gentleman who showed us to our seats was really helpful and created an ambience of class coupled with a relaxed feel. The server was really knowledgable about the menu and helped me to choose what was probably the best halibut I've tasted. The menu is classy with something for everyone .... We both really enjoyed it so much that I enquired about this Saturday evening as I wanted to take my husband .... Not surprisingly the restaurant was fully booked so we opted for what looks like a Sunday roast to die for. Not a negative in sight for us and we will be recommending this trendy new place in the heart of Manchester to everyone .....

“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

What Manchester has lacked for way too long.....47 is a quality Restaurant ticking all the boxes.

The Food quality, menu selection, presentation and value is as good as it gets.

The ambience and attention to detail in this stylish, welcoming Restaurant is of the highest quality. The management have taken great care to create a destination Restaurant which has quickly made its mark and achieved a superb standard, despite being surrounded by some of the City's best regarded eateries

They have proved that if you go that extra mile and show true passion for what you are doing, whether it is the outstanding quality and presentation of the food to the warmth of the welcome, even in recessionary times quality always rises to the top.

Don't just read the justifiably excellent reviews, do as we did, make a booking you won't be disappointed.