“Possibly the best food I have had in Manchester”

47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have visited this place on maybe 3 or 4 occasions in the past for a soup and a sandwich. It has always been fine, reasonably priced and good service. It is ideal as I work close by. I went a few weeks ago and they were closed for a refurb (so the sign said).
Having walked past again I noticed they have an evening menu so I booked in for last Saturday. I am glad I did. It is rare that I am wowed by food nowadays (maybe I am just cynical in my old age!) but this food was exceptionally good. I had the parfait to start which was just incredible. I then went for the Fillet Steak with Fat Chips and my wife had the Seafood Linguine. We in truth shared both dishes and were torn to say which one was better. They were both oozing with great depth of flavours and the presentation made you want to eat the dish as soon as the waiter put the plates down. This place is traditional, but genuinely in a good way. Service is personal and friendly and apart from the waitress forgetting the toothpick at the end, the whole experience was perfect! There are some little surprises which you get also when you dine here but I won't spoil it in case anyone else tries it. I hope this place keeps producing food of this quality and changes its menu frequently as I want to keep going back!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Have been here several times for lunch, perfectly located to pop into while shopping! Every time the service has been fantastic and the food fresh and tasty. Great value for money with cakes to die for. The decor is light and modern, there is a feel good factor to this place which is likely to make this a regular for us!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We enjoyed an absolutely terrific meal this evening, which was beautifully fresh and cooked with finesse to perfection as far as we were concerned. I could not fault my chicken liver parfait which was served with an excellent brioche and my salmon with gnocchi was just great. My wife equally enjoyed her duck rillettes and chicken with fat chips. Whilst we were full, we had to try the desserts and they did not disappoint - try the chocolate panne tonne with mint choc chip ice cream, which didn't disappoint. The service was friendly, they were most attentive & kind to our 5-year old son, & discreet & we'll be back for more soon enough.

barry h, Manager at 47 King Street West Restaurant, Bar & Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Hi,
Thank you for posting your recent review. We are absolutely delighted that you had a great experience with us. It was our first week since launching our new evening offering and it is really helpful to have customer feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.
Thanks - Barry (Manager 47 King Street West)

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I took my Mum here for a treat yesterday. The staff were incredibly friendly and attentive, the food was lovely and I loved the art deco theme of the restaurant. We visited from London for a day trip and I booked afternoon tea, knowing nothing about where to go in Manchester. So glad we went! I was so touched by the service we received (my Mum is ill) that I felt compelled to write them a thank you email and also this review.

Hi, Thank you for your kind review. It was certainly our pleasure to have you and your mum as our guests for Afternoon Tea. Thank you also for taking the time to send an email of thanks. I have passed your thanks and good wishes on to all of our staff. We hope that next time you are visiting Manchester you will stop by and see us again. Very Best Wishes, Barry (Manager - 47 King Street West)

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Booked on line, greeted by name, fab window seat, afternoon tea for two - cakes were gorgeous - got doggy bag as couldn't eat it all. Staff were lovely and very professional. Service was fast and proper tea. This was a treat and well worth it.