“Very impressed”
Review of 63 Degrees

63 Degrees
Reserve with OpenTable
63 Degrees is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #256 of 2,252 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our celebrated restaurant is re-opening in bigger and better premises in the former Market Restaurant on High Street in the Northern Quarter. A brand new location. A brand new menu. The same exquisite French cuisine And to celebrate our move, we have new menus and a new wine list. Our goal has always been to bring you a taste of Paris, with dishes such as our Pea consomme and poached quail egg, Pan fried sea bass, Duckling fillet, chocolate fondant and, of course, coffee served at the perfect temperature - 63°. As well as more covers, our wonderful new premises means we can now offer our diners an outside terrace and private function room. One thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to serving exquisite French cuisine in a relaxed and welcoming environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our new home.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very impressed”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

As I say very impressed from the warm welcome, amuse bouche and the attentive but not snooty service to the fabulous snails, recommended wines and perfectly cooked filet.

This was probably the best meal I have eaten in Manchester since Brasserie Saint Pierre closed down many moons ago.

Proper napkins, gleaming cutlery, fresh flowers and a smile.

I can't wait to go back.... hint to anyone who is thinking of treating me.

Altrincham, England, United Kingdom
“Superb food and excellent service”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband booked lunch as a pre-Christmas treat just for the two of us.
Both waiters were friendly, knowledgeable and attentive without being over-bearing. Our food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. We have only had one better meal (we have been married for 30 years) and that was at Le Manoir aux Quatre Saisons.
We will definitely be back with friends for dinner!

Thank you for a really memorable afternoon.

• Visited December 2013
“A great place for dinner”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The food is magnificent! I had the salmon, chicken main and then French toast. The wine was beautiful too. The staff are all friendly and nice. Thank you for looking after us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“lack of atmosphere and overpriced”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I dined here on a Saturday night with 3 friends. I had the black truffle risotto to start - the size of the portion was tiny, it was average, i have had much better in other restaurants.
My main was beef fillet at £32, all i got was a tiny piece of over done beef with a dollop of very garlicky potato -no vegetable.
Not impresssed.
The dessert however was delicious - chocolate fondant with salted caramel ice cream
The other diners seemed miserable and up their own backsides. Not what I expected in the Northern Quarter.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Blondgilly
London, United Kingdom
“Tuesday Tasting Menu”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Was in Manchester for a few days so decided to treat myself to dinner at 63 Degrees as I'd read some good reviews about it. It didn't disappoint, I had the special Tuesday 5 course tasting menu which is a steal at £25. Each course was delicious, with the chicken course being outstanding - probably the best I've had.

Overall this is a genuine French restaurant, serving top class food, at a good price. The only negatives I have to say about the place is some of the tables are quite close together, to the point where even the waiters find it difficult to serve some of the tables and also the gap between the different courses was very inconsistent. However there was a large group dining in the restaurant at the time so I suspect that might have something to do with that.

These are minor complaints though and I will certainly return the next time I'm in Manchester.