“My New Favourite Restaurant”
Review of 63 Degrees

63 Degrees
Reserve with OpenTable
63 Degrees is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #247 of 2,261 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our celebrated restaurant is re-opening in bigger and better premises in the former Market Restaurant on High Street in the Northern Quarter. A brand new location. A brand new menu. The same exquisite French cuisine And to celebrate our move, we have new menus and a new wine list. Our goal has always been to bring you a taste of Paris, with dishes such as our Pea consomme and poached quail egg, Pan fried sea bass, Duckling fillet, chocolate fondant and, of course, coffee served at the perfect temperature - 63°. As well as more covers, our wonderful new premises means we can now offer our diners an outside terrace and private function room. One thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to serving exquisite French cuisine in a relaxed and welcoming environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our new home.
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“My New Favourite Restaurant”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Have now been to 63 Degrees three times over the past few months and can confidently say that each meal I've had has been consistently excellent. Really can't fault this place, entirely unpretentious, outstandingly good food and great service. Manchester is all the better for the Moreau's choosing the city as their new home.

Admittedly, 63 Degrees sits within the upper price level compared to other restaurants in the city but I have to say it's money well spent. Perfect venue for an intimate dinner for two or to splash out for a special family occasion. I'm sure I'll be going back many more times.

• Visited February 2013

“once is enough”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

After getting sick of Chinese, chain restaurants and all-you-can eat joints, my wife and I decided to splash out on a bit of quality. I chose French because whenever I have holidayed in France I have always loved the food. I chose this particular restaurant because of the excellent reviews on sites like this.

I can't remember the names of the dishes we had, but I'll describe them as best I can. For starters my wife had pan-fried scallops, and I had snails. Hers looked and tasted ok. Mine looked beautiful but tasted not unlike the burnt bits in the pan after a big fry up.
For main my wife had sea bream and I had duck. The fish looked great, and my wife seemed to enjoy it. The duck was just a breast on top of some diced carrot, and that was it.
Neither were unpleasant, just not what I had hoped for at the price.

Portion sizes were tiny, and the service was pleasant throughout.

I really wanted to enjoy this meal but I left feeling distinctly underwhelmed. Nothing I ate had the rich, deep, earthy flavours I associate with French cuisine, and that's what disappointed the most. Just bland.
Maybe the coffee I had half an hour earlier spoiled my palette or maybe I'm not cultured enough for such refinement. But at 80 quid a pop it's a a treat we can rarely afford, and next time we'll be trying somewhere else.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester
“Why haven't I been here before??”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went here for lunch fancying a change from the 'usual suspects' in Manchester and after reading an excellent review on Manchester Confidential . It was lovely and I'm just disapppointed I haven't been before now! Don't be put off by the location. The set course menu is excellent value for money but I'd really recommend looking at the full menu particularly the starter of langoustine risotto which is beautiful. The signature dish of stuffed chicken also has to be tried - I can still taste it now. I was too stuffed for a full dessert but I'm glad I went for the coffee as the 'mini treats' that came with it were divine. Service was spot on and very friendly. We'll be back asap.

Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice Restaurant”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went here on a busy saturday evening and couldn't get a table unless we waited for over an hour. Decided to have a drink in the busy bar area. It has nice decor and a great atmosphere and a beer garden overlooking the canal. I had a steak sandwich from the bar menu. It was large, succulent, cooked to my medium request and very nice. I will be returning here to sample a proper sit down meal.
Thanks to all.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank David J
“Manchester's Finest”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is my second review of this restaurant....I just want to reiterate how fabulous this place really is...there are a couple of not so good reviews on here....just ignore them and go. I went last night for my partners birthday....had amuse bouche, starters, mains, desserts and cheese board...The whole lot was simply magnificent....and absolute gastromonic delight...I have eaten in Michelin starred places before and this was no less fabulous....

There is no doubting that it is on the expensive side but you pay for what you get...it's worth the money. Yes the service is a little quirky...but in a good way....the people that run this place are warm and friendly and you can tell that they genuinely care about their customers...To the couple who walked out because the only seat left was next to the toilet...you should have stayed...it was fantastic....I'd have taken that seat if it was the only one free...

• Visited April 2013