“Outstanding”
Review of 63 Degrees

63 Degrees
Reserve with OpenTable
63 Degrees is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 2,325 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our celebrated restaurant is re-opening in bigger and better premises in the former Market Restaurant on High Street in the Northern Quarter. A brand new location. A brand new menu. The same exquisite French cuisine And to celebrate our move, we have new menus and a new wine list. Our goal has always been to bring you a taste of Paris, with dishes such as our Pea consomme and poached quail egg, Pan fried sea bass, Duckling fillet, chocolate fondant and, of course, coffee served at the perfect temperature - 63°. As well as more covers, our wonderful new premises means we can now offer our diners an outside terrace and private function room. One thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to serving exquisite French cuisine in a relaxed and welcoming environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our new home.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had dinner here last night, the restaurant was very busy as on Tuesday 63 degrees has a special tasting night which seemed very popular. We had the A La Carte Menu as we do not eat shellfish, the Chestnut Risotto which was a main course that we had as a starter was fabulous, the chestnuts had so much flavour and the rice was just perfect. We had Duck and the Fillet steak as main courses which were perfectly cooked and more importantly the meat was tender and excellent quality. The vegetables had a slight honey glade but most importantly the chips, or pommes frites were dark golden and wonderful!!
Now the desserts, the Chocolate Orbe with Pear was fabulous, presented whole and melted under the fresh chocolate sauce, the lemon tarte was lemony and not eggy, the pastrt case was so good!!
The standards here reminded me of some fabulous meals we had in Nice a few years ago, I can't believe this place is in Manchester. Visit it!!

There are newer reviews for 63 Degrees

Reviewed February 19, 2013

A perfect way to celebrate my birthday and our night away minus children. The food was exquisite, the best beef fillet I have ever tasted, hubby had the duck which was also delicious. The somelier really knew his stuff and didn't mind any questions being asked regarding wine, what to choose etc. There was no element of rush and everything was spaced exactly right. A superb, relaxed, atmospheric venue for those evenings of celebration.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The restaurant itself is attractive, with exposed brick work and quirky lamp shades.

The waiters and waitresses are friendly and polite.

The atmosphere is pleasant, if a little on the formal side.

The drinks are nice, but a little expensive. For instance, the glass of wine I ordered was £6.

The food was also expensive but delicious. We were given a complimentary nibble each - salmon on a cracker bread, which was nice. For the main courses, I ordered the monkfish and my fiance ordered the duck. The monkfish was delicious with a piece of chorizo within and the mash it was served with was lovely. In fact, the mash was my favourite part of the meal. My fiance enjoyed his duck, which was served pink, and with some pumpkin. The main courses all seemed to be served with either potato or veg, meaning that you then had to order side dishes. My fish was £24 so having to pay almost £4 for some lettuce to go with it seemed a bit of a rip off. My partner's duck breast was £18 and he then had to order potato to go with it, which again was almost £4. For pudding, my fiance ordered the lemon tart, which was very rich and buttery. In fact, the pastry was just a little too buttery for his tastes. I ordered the mango and pineapple, which was served with a sesame seed snap biscuit and a lime sorbet - it was nice.

I would definitely go again to this restaurant as we enjoyed the food and it was certainly better than most other restaurants in Manchester. It's just a shame it was so expensive because it means it will probably be quite a while before we go back as we have had just as nice food in cheaper restaurants.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I took a couple of colleagues here for lunch (on their recommendation) and we had a very pleasant lunch indeed - we all had the same things from the set menu and a glass of wine (well they had the win, I had the water). The food was very good, the service was attentive and polite witout being over-bearing. the restaurant itsefl is a haven from the bussle just outside the door, and the only slight issue would be trying to fit a meal into a lunch hour, but if you have a nice relaxed lunch in mind then this owuld be an excellent choice,

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had a lovely evening at 63 degrees. The service, food and cocktails were fantastic. It is expensive but we felt it was worth the money for a special treat. The atmosphere was just right and we were not rushed at all so spent quite some time there.
Would highly recommend and will definately go again.

1  Thank Sandy P