“Tuesday taster menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 63 Degrees

63 Degrees
Reserve with OpenTable
63 Degrees is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 2,242 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our celebrated restaurant is re-opening in bigger and better premises in the former Market Restaurant on High Street in the Northern Quarter. A brand new location. A brand new menu. The same exquisite French cuisine And to celebrate our move, we have new menus and a new wine list. Our goal has always been to bring you a taste of Paris, with dishes such as our Pea consomme and poached quail egg, Pan fried sea bass, Duckling fillet, chocolate fondant and, of course, coffee served at the perfect temperature - 63°. As well as more covers, our wonderful new premises means we can now offer our diners an outside terrace and private function room. One thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to serving exquisite French cuisine in a relaxed and welcoming environment. We look forward to welcoming you to our new home.
“Tuesday taster menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

very nice taster of authentic french food for £25 per head with a couple of reasonable proced (£24) bottles of wine. Overall a very nice birthday meal we both enjoyed

Visited January 2013

Manchester
“Exemplary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Sacre bleu! What a fantastic place. The horror of turning 40 was eased somewhat by a fantastic evening here. The service was charming, friendly and attentive and the decor muted but classy. The food was fantastic though from the creamy cauliflower soup served as an amuse bouche, everything tasted beautiful.......I had the scallops, duck and cheese and can't think of a single criticism. My wife hasn't stopped raving about the pear and chocolate pudding to this day...I am genuinely stunned by Troupe99's review, my experience was 100% positive and I can't wait to go back!

“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Really enjoyed a saturday lunch at 63 degrees. The chicken signature dish was especially good, served with a beautifully balanced sauce with a hint of truffle and an imaginative potato pie. And a starter of pumpkin soup was skilfully cooked. Well selected wine choices and friendly attentive staff.

For those that have complained about the mains coming with a single vegetable, please, it's a 'French' restaurant.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Sorry but it was really bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I'm really surprised by the reviews here for this restaurant so much so that I feel compelled to write. This was one of the worst meals I have had in Manchester in this price range, if it hadn't been for the company I was with I would have sent at least the starter (burnt dried out snails - you've NEVER had snails like this in France) and the creme brulee 'surprise', the surprise being that it was actually scrambled egg. My friend had deep fried chocolate truffles that tasted of old fat and garlic mushrooms, I had to spit it into a napkin, yum. The main course: the chicken cooked at 63 degrees was dry and served on a sickly sweet vegetable bed was passable but only just. I can only assume that the chef had called in sick or something. The waiter was nice though. The price of the bill however wasn't.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank Troupe99
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit - make sure you book!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Church Street is not where you would expect to find a restaurant of such quality and class – but the reputation it has built made us make some dinner reservations and hop in a taxi.

Despite the broader surroundings, the restaurant has lovely décor and ambience, the seating is well layed out – although if you are a table for two, I would ask for a banquette seat as a preference as there are quite a few couples tables in the middle of the restaurant, but that’s just me! It was full all evening, so I would strongly advise reservations.

The food and service is very classy, but with a relaxed elegance – not fussy at all. The menu has a breadth of choice, with the signature dishes of the house noted – I had all of them! They did not disappoint, with the sauce on the chicken being a particular highlight. There are also specials, including a cocktail of the day which was delicious.

Only criticism is that we had to order vegetables in addition to our mains – I feel restaurant should serve complete dishes! This is clearly very minor criticism and this did not detract at all from the dining experience.

1 Thank BayBeeSham