“Inpromptu Birthday Meal - really glad”
Review of The Oast House

The Oast House
Ranked #66 of 2,279 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Barbecue, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Inpromptu Birthday Meal - really glad”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were hungry, it was midday and we'd been to the gym but we were heading elsewhere for a Birthday lunch for the wife. We'd talked about eating here a few times. I've drank in there a few times. So walking past the hunger won and we ducked in.

Menu was good, we have different tastes but both had plenty of choice. We ended up with two different platters and they were both excellent. They weren't cheap, but considering the amount of good quality meat, and cheese, and pickles etc. we got I was really happy. The bread was fresh and hot too.

Great service at the bar too. Would highly recommend and will be back.

Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Quickly Served - Warm & Buzzing Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We visited on a Friday in the late afternoon, around 5pm. We very luckily managed to get a seat as soon as we walked in, but the place looked full - All tables occupied, the bar surrounded by people standing and chatting with drinks. After a look through the concise menu we opted for a Beef Burger with a side order of Red Cabbage Coleslaw and a Flattened Rump, partnered with a cider each. The food arrived quickly, brought over by a smiling and friendly server.

The burger was served in a little 'crate', for want of a better way to describe it. Quirky and interesting, I'm fine with that - though it did make trying to get at the food a little more awkward (due to the high sides). I would add though, that given my burger was medium and a bit juicy (read: creating a bit of a bloody puddle) I had to put a napkin in the bottom so the liquid wouldn't spill out of the sides of the box. The meat itself was absolutely wonderful - it tasted like beef should and was full of flavour. The fries were crispy, light and very tasty. I was full before they were gone, but that didn't stop me eating them to the very last one. My partner praised the Flattened Rump highly, loving the chilli and commenting that it was just right and not overpowering.

The Oast House has a great atmosphere and the stylistic choices made the place feel warm, inviting and very social - the background music, buzzing chatter and its apparent popularity spoke volumes. Overall we loved it and are looking forward to returning!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Like an office”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Went in on a Saturday night. Felt like an office party. Not a relaxed atmosphere. Silly menu which put me off eating there. Too hooray henry for me. Service also not great at the bar

Preston, United Kingdom
“Very very disappointed”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very disappointing experience, atmosphere was ok and food was ok when it eventually arrived. Having ordered and waited patiently for 40 mins for our meals to arrive, we asked at the bar how much longer only to find our order hadn't been put through the till. We had ordered kebabs which arrived shortly after, they were tasty but the portion sizes were tiny - not good value for money. Wouldn't return.

cotswolds
“Wow”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I took my two daughters aged 23 an 18 here ..... Simply fantastic ....staff were great atmosphere really good and the food !! ..we all had the "flying" kebabs with chips and garlic drizzle ... honestly have never ate meat as good or well cooked and presented as this before ...superb would thoroughly recommend a visit .

Visited February 2014