“Oast house makes me smile”
Review of The Oast House

The Oast House
Ranked #59 of 2,386 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Barbecue, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the Oast House several times, the first being NYE a couple of years ago, and it was the best NYE I've ever had so far! It was a last minute decision to go out, didn't know where to go so was wandering round the streets of Manchester and stumbled upon a very random wooden shed! No entrance fee, packed out with jolly people, great live band and great bar staff! We were so lucky to have found the oast as it was ten to midnight by the time we got there. They had a live link to London on their tv and it was just great, the whole place was buzzing! It was also the first time I tried mumm champagne - I now love it!

At first we thought it was a pop up place just for winter but so glad it's still here and expanding! I've been back during the day and always recommend it as a starting point for a night out as its got a great vibe anytime of the day!

Stopped off for lunch one afternoon - I had a hanging kebab - if I remember correctly it was about £10 - thought it was a bit steep but was nice! I would have it again! I also love the menus - the artwork are great!

Overall, the oast house makes me smile! :)

I'm a Facebook fan too and they have a great page!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went here for the first time today and I had read up on Trip Advisor beforehand and was not disappointed. The staff were very laid back and friendly and I felt totally relaxed despite being a lone female. I had the chicken hanging kebab and loved it. It was tasty and cooked to perfection and the way they pour the optional melted garlic butter in the top of the hanger which hold the skewered meat, allowing it to drizzle down, eventually reaching the chips underneath is so delicious! The drinks were expensive but well presented and I suppose you are paying for the location. I loved the quirkiness of the place in relation to its surroundings and it made me feel like I was on holiday! I intend to return!

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Popped into The Oast House for a pre bar crawl snack and it was definitely somewhere I'd return on future trips to Manchester. As it was the first Friday in February, people were out in their droves celebrating the end of January and for most, their first pay cheque in what seems like months.
Great atmosphere, and I decided to try the chicken kebab on my mates recommendation. Not something I'd normally choose, but it came on a swinging skewer, above a plate of nicely seasoned fries.
The garlic sauce which you pour into a small dish with a hole above the kebab was reallly tasty, as was the meat.
I imagine this place will be heaving in Summer, can't wait to visit again.
My mates burger went down well too.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

In the middle of what looks like a business district this big wooden shed appears. Very good design. Had drinks and food and both were very nice - ideal for lunch or quick tea. I have to say the guy taking food orders on the till was a bit rude but wouldn't put us off going again if we were in the area.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Visited just for drinks on Saturday the food smelt lovely, the food coming out of the kitchen also looked wonderful... They do prosecco by the glass and not as expensive as the other bars in that area,

Beautiful bar and really nice feel to it!

1  Thank cupcake2012_12