“Table for 3”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Its not the place to eat if there are more than 2 of you. The staff seem unable to allocate tables for anymore than 2 people, we were 3 and another 3 were in front of us, after a wait of 15 minutes and many 2s being seated they gave up and left, we remained and were promised that the next time 2 tables became vacant they would be ours subsequently 2 adjoining tables were allocated to 2 sets of 2 from behind us in the queue, I commented only to be told that they weren't. Eventually we got a table, the service was slow, waiting almost 30 minutes for 3 simple meals yet served our hot drinks almost immediately, so our drinks were drunk before we we even got our food, The only saving grace was the cakes, they are superb but i would suggest buying to take away. The staff were not csapable of dealing with a Saturday lunch service.

There are newer reviews for Patisserie Valerie

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We came for brunch on a Sunday at about 11.30am, we walked in and were advised that it was cash only due to the card machine not working, we confirmed this was OK and were seated immediately. We ordered our food and drink swiftly to a robot (service with a smile it ain't) and then began the wait...

We ordered a glass of juice and a glass of tap water, which should take much less than 5 minutes to put together and bring over but we must have waited about 20 minutes before our waitress with an inability to crack a smile returned to tell us our order hadn't actually gone through on the system and took it again.

We then waited another 10 minutes with our drinks in view sat on the bar area waiting to be delivered, by which time another customer had come in after us, sat, ordered and had their hot drinks served to them. There were various staff milling about doing nothing at all, I managed to catch the manageresses attention and asked if she could chase our drinks up, to wish she looked across to them on the bar and said they should be on their way, she said this whilst walking off away from me and not even an apology.

The food eventually arrived after about 45 minutes in the place and cannot fault my Eggs Florentine and my friend's toast. I've been multiple times to the branch in Leeds and the place is usually busy yet the staff remain attentive and service is quick and friendly.

We paid and did not leave a tip, the fact that the manager deems it acceptable to respond to a customers question whilst walking off behind them explains the reason for the other staff lacking in customer service skills.

Is it not possible that she herself could have gone and brought the drinks over, or is that too lowly for her? Managers shouldn't be shy to get their hands dirty or at the very least carry some ready sorted drinks across.

Definitely will not be returning to this branch, Leeds branch is great though there's a lovely man in there who takes the time to have a little chat with the customers whilst taking orders and payment, this place however cannot even take the time to stand a second and apologise to someone's face for their never ending wait for two cold drinks, perhaps if I was older she'd have taken the time but a customer is a customer irrelevant of age, moody manager needs some lessons!!

1  Thank ShalaCush
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We waited well over an hour for ravioli. Unacceptable. The kitchen staff let down the waitress who was very apologetic. Come on, keep your reputation!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have been a few times here when it has been extremley busy but on this paticular morning it was perfect.
I decided to treat myself to some breakfast before starting my day and it seemed quite steady inside so myself and my friend were seated straight away and given time to look over our menus !!
The food here is good quality but isnt complete without a cake or pastry or two !!!!
I ordered the eggs benedict royal and it was just what i needed along with a apple pastry and some mint tea .
The service was swift and the food was great !!
Am definetly due another breakfast date soon

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

we popped in after a theatre visit. service was slow in coming then was told they only had two types of cake left i can accept it was the end of a day but surely a patisserie should have good supplies? when our order arrived the tarts we ordered had been very chilled which spoilt the taste. I've been in before and it was much better. not a patch on the Leeds store.