“Fantastic Restaurant!”

Ranked #7 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Alexandros Restaurant in Manchester offers authentic Greek food inspired by various regions of Greece. We buy our products from well-known for their quality local suppliers, using free range meats, fresh vegetables and fresh fish.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I live five minutes from Alexandro's but I never really noticed it. I was looking on Trip Advisor for somewhere to go to celebrate my boyfriend graduation and I saw that the restaurant was rated the 3rd best in Manchester and decided I had to give it a try, being so close.
My boyfriend and I had a lovely meal, the food and house wine was excellent and we will definitely be going again soon. The staff we very friendly, chatty and welcoming. I highly recommend it!

3  Thank Lemonade321
Alexandros337, Owner at Alexandros Greek Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Lovely little restaurant serving great Greek food. It's the best Greek food in the Manchester area for us and we've tried q.uite a few The Meze option is huge and such great value. The staff were really friendly and attentive too. Will be visiting as often as we can now we've found this place.

1  Thank Denise C
Alexandros337, Owner at Alexandros Greek Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Visited on 15 November food was fantastic been looking for a good greek restaurant for a long time! Staff were great attention to detail was second to none! This place is now my favourite place especially as it is where my boyfriend proposed! Will be back

2  Thank EJG1377
Alexandros337, Owner at Alexandros Greek Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just been for our third visit in as many weeks. We can't fault it. The lamb shank fell off the bone - it was cooked to perfection, every course we have tried have been faultless we haven't been disappointed by ANYTHING we have eaten.
The staff are amazingly lovely, helpful and go the extra mile to accomodate requests. Olivia and Georgia made us feel very special on Saturday night and the lady who takes the orders is very efficient and helpful.
CAN'T FAULT THE PLACE !! (MAYBE ADD A FEW FISH DISHES).
Will be back very soon.

1  Thank 200Gracie
Alexandros337, Owner at Alexandros Greek Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We visited the restaurant with my boyfriend on a Tuesday as it was a special occasion. We were greeted promptly and we sat down in a table next to the huge mirror. I am Greek (born and bred) so after reading the reviews, we were expecting fireworks. We ordered cheese pies (turopitakia) and spinach pies (spanakopitakia), sausage, tzatziki and a horiatiki. When we ordered the lady said that it was too much and that we should go for the meze for various reasons. I told her that we were hungry and that we could manage. We go to Greece, Piraeus at least 2-3 times a year as my home is there so we know very well what we want and how much we can eat. Whilst we were waiting for the starters the Chef came out and he intoduced himself (pleasant gentleman) and he said to us that we had ordered many starters and that its better if we go for the meze, he even did explain to us why it would be better if we go for the meze pricewise. We insisted that we knew what we ordered. The starters came and they were alright. The horiatiki was lovely, the tzatziki was ok and the same for the sausage. The little cheece and spinach pies were ok too but a bit too oily for our liking. For mains we ordered spanakorizo and my boyfriend went for the chicken souvlaki. My main was lovely with small pieces of feta decorating my plate but the chicken was dry and blant.For dessert we had galaktompoureko which was ok. For drinks we had the house wine and 2 greek coffees which they were ok but nothing special. We were asked a few times how our meal was from the ladies and the chef which was nice but we never said anything negative as we didn't want to ruin our night by arguing with the chef as he clearly doesn't accept critisism or suggestions and he always says that he cooks authentic Athenian food. The experience wasn't bad but it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be. Considering that it's supposed to be the 3rd best restaurant in Manchester. I don't think that we will be going back. Thanx a lot though.

3  Thank Elpida T
Alexandros337, Owner at Alexandros Greek Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you for your custom.