“Authentic Greek, excellent service”

Alexandros Greek Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 2,345 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Alexandros Restaurant in Manchester offers authentic Greek food inspired by various regions of Greece. We buy our products from well-known for their quality local suppliers, using free range meats, fresh vegetables and fresh fish.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I took my daughter her with her boyfriend and my wife.
Really good welcome from staff and seated quickly.
Lovely to see my favourite Cypriot Beer available, Keo was had by all.
Extensive menu
So hard to choose.
My wife loves Mousaka so not hard for her.
I had the Alexandros Special Kebab
My daughter the Prawns and her boyfriend the Kleftiko.

Really large portions and my wife and daughter had a "Doggy bag" each.

Nothing was too much trouble and the food was good.

We will be back

1  Thank Neville B
Alexandros337, Owner at Alexandros Greek Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to review our restaurant. We are delighted that you have enjoyed our food and the service. Our real customers know that we are true to our roots. Thank you again!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

With our confidence buoyed by the rating of Alexandros as the third best restaurant in Manchester we decided to try it - after all, out favourite Greek restaurant is in Ealing - superb and authentic but at over 200 miles away a bit of a trek to say the least!!!!!!!

The Alexandros restaurant is spacious and airy and favours a contemporary style with concessions to Hellenic heritage being made by a few framed pictures and frescoes. We decided to try the meat meze along with a moussaka main course, after all, what better a way to gauge the cut of a restaurant than to sample a broad swathe of what they have to offer all in one go.

One thing we can say about the meze was that there was plenty of it - very generous portions but what a pity that we have to use the following adjective to describe all the dishes presented to us - EXCEEDINGLY BLAND.

Greek food is about big flavours and I was expecting garlic, oregano, mint, dill, basil, cinnamon, sumac, cumin, and coriander, expertly blended to provide excellently seasoned authentic Greek food which was a culinary delight. Instead, I reckon we could have got better from the Tesco's chill cabinet eating their budget pseudo-Greek ready meals!

I am totally bemused by the disconnect between the excellence of prior reviews and the quality of food we experienced, I am afraid the search for a decent North West Greek restaurant continues and we will not be repeating our visit to Alexandros - sorry but we found your offerings mediocre in the extreme and a crushing disappointment.

2  Thank Sminky P

Thank you for your review. Of course we find your comments completely puzzling. I think that you wanted a Greek restaurant with Indian flavors so Ours is definitely NOT that. Therefore, good luck on your quest and don't wonder about our many Non Greek or Greek customers judgement of our quality and taste of our food. Thanks

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've already been to this restaurant twice and will be going back tonight! The food is excellent quality and comes in huge portions. Atmosphere and staff top some of the best restaurants I've been to.

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our restaurant. Its always a pleasure to see you.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great meal, excellent service and lovely greek wine! Previously had the meze, so went for the special of the day. It was really well flavoured and more than enough for a greedy girl!

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our restaurant. Thank you again

Reviewed October 29, 2013

A great neighbourhood restaurant with great hosts and great food. Meze not for the faint-hearted but go for it anyway and take something home to enjoy the next day!

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our restaurant. See you soon