“Absolutely gorgeous food!”

Ranked #7 of 2,344 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Alexandros Restaurant in Manchester offers authentic Greek food inspired by various regions of Greece. We buy our products from well-known for their quality local suppliers, using free range meats, fresh vegetables and fresh fish.
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a restaurant that my parents and I frequently go to. My parent have had various dishes off the menu and have loved each and every one. I however have already picked my favourite, moussaka - supreme. My favourite meal by far. I did however have the meatballs yesterday and I must say they were gorgeous and are in competition with the moussaka.
The service I couldn't fault, it exceeds service with a smile, which definitely adds to the atmosphere.

I would recommend this restaurant to everyone as I couldn't fault anything about it. After reading the negative comments on here I have to wonder if they went to the same restaurant..

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Second visit to Alexandros tonight - and this time I took the family. The service was superb - they really couldn't do enough for us and were very accommodating considering we had our 21 month old grandson with us. The food was fabulous - I had beef stifado and the beef was lean and amazingly tender. Easily the best Greek food I've had outside of Greece. I hope this place gets the support it deserves and I will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Based on an excellent first visit, we returned with daughter, son-in-law and children in tow. The staff were great with the children and suggested the meat mezes for the adults would be more than enough to feed all of us, which was indeed the case with some left over. They brought our grandson free chips and also gave us a free dessert to take away, so I'd hardly say it's expensive.

Everything was beautifully cooked, the stifado was tender, the moussaka the best I've ever had, the salad bowls huge and replete with tomatoes so it was also a very healthy meal. Gorgeous.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

To avoid disappointment, the first item on my agenda when I return to Manchester is to make a booking at Alexandros. This restaurant is definitely the best restaurant in Manchester in terms of quality, service and value. My choice is always the meat meze and I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

A great family-run restaurant, with a wide-range of authentic Greek dishes, cooked well and with excellent service and hospitality. The owner was really passionate about providing a great time to all his diners. He came out of the kitchen and spoke to everyone, getting great feedback I am sure, as the food was beautiful. He even gave us free desserts and coffees as a thank you for visiting his restaurant.
We visit Greece almost every year, and this was as close as we have got to great Greek food, without getting on a plane. I would definitely recommend a trip to Alexandros.

3  Thank wirraltraveller006