“Worth the Wait”

Ranked #6 of 2,356 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Alexandros Restaurant in Manchester offers authentic Greek food inspired by various regions of Greece. We buy our products from well-known for their quality local suppliers, using free range meats, fresh vegetables and fresh fish.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Myself and my partner went to Alexandros last night after having to cancel a much anticipated visit over Christmas. We chose it mainly because of the great reviews, but also because it's only about a mile away from where we live - no brainer really! Everything about he evening was fantastic - the food, the service, the house wine ( Greece in a glass!) and the atmosphere, even though it was only 7pm. We had a lovely time and came out thoroughly stuffed - huge portions of great food will do that!
Thanks Alexandros and hope to be back soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Ive only reviewed a couple of restaurants I've found exceptional- Alexando's is the best yet. The food is so good my only warning is I ate way too much as I didn't want to stop. The staff are both professional and warm, and extremely helpful. I couldn't recommend this restaurant more.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

After hearing good reviews from colleagues and seeing that Alexandro's is highly rated on trip advisor, I took my partner here on a Wednesday evening for what was to be a nice evening for two. With it being a Wednesday, the restaurant was obviously not going to have the atmosphere that a weekend would create and therefore I marked it down as average. The service was very good, the lady running the restaurant itself was very nice and polite (even if she did try and push the Greek Meze a little too much), even the chef who made a brief visit out of the kitchen seemed pleasant to talk to and asked how our food was.

My two problems with Alexandro's would be the food itself and the value for money. I ordered the lamb Kleftiko which was disappointing. Having had this dish in other Greek Restaurants in the UK, as well as some Taverna's in Greece itself, I expected much more. All that was on my plate was a plain leg of lamb accompanied by some potato wedges which tasted like they had come out of a frozen packet. There were also no vegetables. The meal was edible but not what you'd expect for a £14-15 main dish. My partner ordered a tuna steak cooked medium rare and this came out very well done. Again there were very few accompaniment's to her meal and this cost £15-16.

To summarise, our trip to Alexandro's was disappointing. When you are paying prices that they charge for their main meals, you expect either a quality meal or a bit more on your plate to make up the value. Sadly, our experience lacked both of these. We'd like to try it again as the service and people were very welcoming but there are other restaurants in the city centre that charge similar prices or even higher, giving much greater value for money.

3  Thank Leo137
Alexandros337, Owner at Alexandros Greek Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Omg ,, we have not had tuna steak in our menu for at least the past 3 months,as for our potatoes are fresh sauted potatoes. What else can I say look at our menu before you write such a long review. Never the less thank you for your review whatever the aim was and we are sorry you did not like your restaurant..

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from birthday meal at best Greek restaurant.
Staff friendly. stifado melted in your mouth.
Spinach pies fresh and dolmades excellent.
House rose was lovely.
Only criticism was Greek potatoes. just like roast potatoes.
Will certainly be back.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

First thing on my agenda when I came back to Manchester was to reserve a table at Alexandro's. As ever, the food was great and the atmosphere was pleasant yet again. Thank you Alexandro's for another remarkable evening.