“Such a legend.”

Alexandros Greek Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2,254 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Alexandros Restaurant in Manchester offers authentic Greek food inspired by various regions of Greece. We buy our products from well-known for their quality local suppliers, using free range meats, fresh vegetables and fresh fish.
Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a legend.”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I wanted to try this place for months now to check out whether TA is right or is just family and friends who write the reviews.I took the chance to visit on a rainy Tuesday evening with 4 colleagues and we were all blown away by the quality of the food and the atmosphere.The first good sign was,it was almost full.Then the magic did carry on with the service and food.We had 3 huge Greek salads,olives and spinach pies for starters.Then souvlaki,stifado,moussaka and Chef's special mixed meze.Their rose hose wine was also the one to try.All in such a legend that we will be back for a business dinner next time we are in Manchester.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Geordie J

Manchester
“Over-rated”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I'm not sure how this place has come to be rated the number one restaurant in Manchester?
The service I found to be patronising, especially at the end of the meal when the waitress talked us through our itemised bill, item by item including prices.... It felt more like a school lesson.
The food was rather strange and not what I would consider to be authentic Greek cuisine. The moussaka had a very strong taste and smell of cinnamon which was so strong it overpowered the whole dish - it looks like sludge in a bowl and tasted like sweetened mince meat - it really didn't do the dish and justice. Also be warned that the 'beef skewers' are burger patties, which left a huge pool of grease on the pitta breads they were served on. It lacked atmosphere, the food was disappointing and the service patronising. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant. Such a shame it appears to be number one in Manchester when there are so many better places

5 Thank LMarie123
Alexandros337, Owner at Alexandros Greek Restaurant, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I am sorry you did not like our restaurant and you did not like our food. One thing though that you cannot dispute is our authenticity and our quality of our products., As for the bifteki souvlaki it states on our menu clearly what it is ...prime beef steak mince with herbs,,, and the "fat" you mention is the pure olive oil, oregano and lemon marinade !! Never the less i am sorry you did not enjoy your visit.
“Fantastic evening out”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We visited here for our wedding anniversary after reading reviews on trip advisor and we weren't disappointed. We opted for the 'full meze' even though we'd read this was a lot of food, we thought it was the best way to sample lots of the dishes. In addition to the dishes on the menu, we were brought a rice and spinach dish to try and considering I don't like either rice or spinach, I found it delicious!
Dimitris, the owner/chef came and spoke to us a few times, he explained to us his ethos for the restaurant is that he wants to treat customers as though they were guests in his home in Greece and the food he serves in the restaurant would be what he would serve at home, hence the large portions as the Greeks have a tendency to 'over feed' their guests.
The waitresses were also very helpful explaining all the dishes as they were served.
The food was delicious and as we were so full by the time the grilled meats were served (one of which was the nicest chicken I have ever tasted) , we took what we couldn't manage home, along with the leftovers from the main course.
As I had barely touched my moussaka, Dimitris didn't want to spoil it by putting it in a take away carton so he gave us the dish and advised it would taste even better the following day, he wasn't wrong !
We were then given a selection of sweets free of charge to take home to try, they were lovely the following day with a cup of coffee.
This restaurant goes to show that you don't need fancy tables, tablecloths etc to have a fine dining experience. The food speaks for itself and we can't wait to go back for more.

1 Thank Elaine G
“Greektastic”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Went here with my wife the other day as came top of the list on TA.

Agree with previous comments about food being excellent. Service was very very good and Dimitri came to speak to us many times throughout the meal to see how we were getting on. He gave us a free chicken dish to try which reminded me of when I lived in Greece once.

We also had two desserts which were very light. The best kadayif I've ever had anywhere, not too sweet and soggy. Just right.

The only downside was the decor. However, this can be overlooked with such good food and service.

Would highly recommend this restaurant.

2 Thank Deanophil
San Gwann, Malta
“Best of Mediteranean, in North Europe”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Thank you Alexandro for a fantastic evening. Here in Malta we are fond of our food - so when we say that the Mediterranean food was remarkable, it surely was. I came with my wife and we took the recommended choice - the meze, which could have served another person. It was great that the restaurant added a Moussaka on the house when my wife mentioned that this was her favourite Greek dish. The price was very reasonable and the staff were delightful. I will be in Manchester for the next home match and will definitely be making a reservation at Alexandro’s.

4 Thank Stefan B